The Student Room Group

Mark out answer out of 10 please

Question:

Which was more important reason for Great Britain joining the First World War in

Reason
the Naval Race with Germany, 1906–1914
the Schlieffen Plan?

Answer
The most important reason for Great Britain joining the First World War in 1914
was the Schlieffen plan. The Schlieffen plan was created so that Germany didn't
have to fight Russia and France at the same time. IT was planned in 1904 and Germany was first going to attack France through neutral Belgium. However, Britain had agreed to support Belgium if they got attacked therefore Belgium started to attack back and slowed down the Germans. Also, the German expected that the Russian would take a while to sort out the army however they did it much quicker than the Germans thought. It can be argued that the Naval Race with Germany, 1906-1914 could have been the reason for Britain joining the First World War. The naval race was to build dreadnoughts. Dreadnoughts were battleship which had thicker armour, more guns and moved faster. The British had to build more as they followed the 'two-power standard'. Overall Britain built 27 and Germany built 17.
Original post by I Don't Know 79
Question:

Which was more important reason for Great Britain joining the First World War in

Reason
the Naval Race with Germany, 1906–1914
the Schlieffen Plan?

Answer
The most important reason for Great Britain joining the First World War in 1914
was the Schlieffen plan. The Schlieffen plan was created so that Germany didn't
have to fight Russia and France at the same time. IT was planned in 1904 and Germany was first going to attack France through neutral Belgium. However, Britain had agreed to support Belgium if they got attacked therefore Belgium started to attack back and slowed down the Germans. Also, the German expected that the Russian would take a while to sort out the army however they did it much quicker than the Germans thought. It can be argued that the Naval Race with Germany, 1906-1914 could have been the reason for Britain joining the First World War. The naval race was to build dreadnoughts. Dreadnoughts were battleship which had thicker armour, more guns and moved faster. The British had to build more as they followed the 'two-power standard'. Overall Britain built 27 and Germany built 17.

It definitely needs more detail as in why it would be the more 'important' reason..
However I'd give it 7/10
thanks
could you tell what i need to improve to get a 9 or even a 10
thanks
could you tell what i need to improve to get a 9 or even a 10

Give evidence regarding the plan, I feel you need more detail and it would definitely be 10/10 :smile:
would u be able to mark my English answer which i posted a couple days ago
I would mark you 6/10 you need to develop some of your awnsers and a CONCLUSION in history a conclusion is so important as you only wrote a tiny bit so....
a conclusion
develop your awnsers
more detail
would u be able to mark my English answer which i posted a couple days ago

Sure send me the link!

You should just look at the mark scheme and be harsh with your own work that's the best way to do it. I would have done it for you but it's too long!! :bawling:
Okay for starters use more elaborate punctuation (examiners like that) you need to add evidence loads of it to back every point your makings! I write my essays as:
Point (what point are you making)
Evidence (provide evidence to back your point)
Explain (explain your point)
Trust me it works! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending