The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Question and Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shaunakd
I am set to start mechanical engineering in Lancaster but i'm a bit confused about what college to join.Could you please recommend a college which is closest to the engineering department/ which most engineering students choose?
Thanks.

Your colleges are completely independent of your subject choices and there aren't any particular preferences when it comes to choosing your college based on this.

The closest colleges to the Engineering Building are Fylde, Furness, Grizedale and Pendle, although it's encouraged for you to consider all the colleges and what they offer for you.

Jamie Graney | Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Hi, I was just wondering what college/accommodation you would recommend if I'm studying theatre at LICA?
Hi,
What kind of social activities do the colleges put on in order to get everyone meeting people?

Thanks,
Sarah
Hello, I've had my place confirmed at Lancaster and I was wondering when I will receive an accommodation offer - will it be when A-level students get their results?
Hello.

As an international student, I'm wondering how long it usually takes until a CAS is issued to start visa application?
Original post by MollieWood
Hi, I was just wondering what college/accommodation you would recommend if I'm studying theatre at LICA?

Accommodation and colleges are completely independent of your subject so I would recommend considering all options. In terms of location to LICA, the closest college is County, closely followed by Bowland. Again, however, I would recommend considering all the colleges.

Original post by elizabetht96
Hello, I've had my place confirmed at Lancaster and I was wondering when I will receive an accommodation offer - will it be when A-level students get their results?

Yes, you will receive your accommodation offer and choice of colleges once you have received your results and have been accepted onto your course at our university. If you require any further information about this, please do get in touch with the Accommodation Team.

Original post by AlexProki
Hello.

As an international student, I'm wondering how long it usually takes until a CAS is issued to start visa application?

Please contact our International Team for further information with this query. Their contact details can be found below:

Tel: +44 (0)1524 592037

Email: [email protected]

International Office
C Floor, University House
Lancaster University
Lancaster
LA1 4YW

Reply 148
I emailed the uni a couple of days ago and they said it'll be after the results come out.

Original post by elizabetht96
Reply 149
Hi. I was wondering when we will find out that we will receive the academic scholarship, and when it is normally paid
Hi I have an offer to study medicine and was just wondering when we will hear about any vaccinations needed before the course? Is that after results day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to miss the first day of class of the lent term. This year it start on Friday the 13th and I have plans to book a flight that arrives the 14th.
Original post by miguel8998
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to miss the first day of class of the lent term. This year it start on Friday the 13th and I have plans to book a flight that arrives the 14th.

Classes will start on the monday.
Hi there I was wondering when our timetables would be available to view online? I need it for work shifts
Original post by b_interesting
Hi there I was wondering when our timetables would be available to view online? I need it for work shifts

Hello, I think they should be available at some time today. :smile:
Can we change our course if yes thn can you please tell me how ?
Hi, i'm wondering if there's any halal places to eat close to or in the campus?
Reply 157
Hi, i would like some info about applying to transfer into second year. I am currently attending Brunel and studying psychology Bsc. I've only recently been diagnosed with dyslexia and so had no help up until this point. If i was to get a first in my first year what would my A-level requirements to transfer? Still AAB or lower?

Thank you.
Hey. How could I get into contract with a student who is doing Computer Science at Lancaster? I have a bunch of questions to ask :biggrin:
I just got an unconditional offer from Lancaster University, so I hope to be arriving in October. I realise that it's a little early to worry about this, but I am very stressed about getting everything I need on a plane and two trains on my way there. I also like to plan ahead, so as not to worry about anything come autumn.

This may depend on the college, but I was wondering if the following items are provided:
-duvet and pillow (without cases),
-clothing hangers,
-plates, bowls, glasses,
-pots and pans,
-access to a vacuum cleaner,
-access to an iron and ironing board.

Of course, I would need to buy many things in Lancaster, which leads me on to my next question: I read that the rooms are rented for 40 weeks, after which I need to go home. Are there any storage units in Lancaster, where I could keep my things during holidays, so that I don't have to sell everything?

Also, does the 40 week lease include Christmas and Easter (i.e. can I keep my things in my room, and can I stay in the halls between terms if I can't afford to go home)? I've looked at the term dates and it appears that there are 38 weeks between summer holidays, which would add up, but I just want to make sure.

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending