Most Unattractive British Accents

Watch
mrkidd85
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
http://www.gomeo.co.uk/places/10-mos...ed-for-by-you/Is this correct in your opinion?
ExRN
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Not even read the link but I'm going to vote on brum.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I think a light Liverpudlian accent is endearing though I imagine most people were thinking of a very strong accent when voting in the poll

Surprised at the brum position tbh
Jack1963
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Anyone with a yorkshire accent is thick. So i guess that one ahhhhahhahahhahahahah
ExRN
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jack1963)
Anyone with a yorkshire accent is thick. So i guess that one ahhhhahhahahhahahahah
Excuse me? All my life I have had to deal with that huge misconception. As soon as I speak I am judged as thick, just because I have a Yorkshire accent. Surprising how quickly a point of view can change when you outsmart the pompous, stuck up tossers though.
Jack1963
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ExRN)
Excuse me? All my life I have had to deal with that huge misconception. As soon as I speak I am judged as thick, just because I have a Yorkshire accent. Surprising how quickly a point of view can change when you outsmart the pompous, stuck up tossers though.
Sorry its the drugs that make me say things.
TheThiefOfBagdad
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Scouse. Unquestionably.
chickenfoot
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
geordie
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ExRN)
Yorkshire accent is mint, but South Yorks/Barnsley is pretty awful. West is best :cool:
ExRN
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Yorkshire accent is mint, but South Yorks/Barnsley is pretty awful. West is best :cool:
Narrowing it down to my hometown is not really helping here dude lol!!!
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ExRN)
Narrowing it down to my hometown is not really helping here dude lol!!!
Haha! It's probably not all bad, I just knew someone with a horrific accent, right nasally. Was probably his voice more than anything though
ExRN
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Sorry its the drugs that make me say things.
What are you talking about? You quite openly insulted people from Yorkshire. Not even based on our accent but instead you generalised and said that people from Yorkshire are thick so its that one.
No matter what state of mind I was in, I would never go out of my way to insult such a large group of people. You must have lost the plot more than me my friend!!
April Barlow
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm from Birmingham and personally hate the brummy accent. My accent isn't nearly as strong as most people in Birmingham (which makes me happy). I don't know why it grates on me so much, but it does

Posted from TSR Mobile
_icecream
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
oiii
flamboy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
geordie, scouse, welsh, scottish, etc and irish if they can't pronounce "th"
ExRN
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TornadoGR4)
Haha! It's probably not all bad, I just knew someone with a horrific accent, right nasally. Was probably his voice more than anything though
I have lived away from there for a while to be fair so mine is probably a tad more subtle than the average "Barnsley for life" person. When I go back to visit, I have often been asked "where are you from?" "errrm here!!" "no way!!"...

Along those lines. You do find that moving to work in Wales or down south does demand that you adjust the way you speak if you are from Yorkshire. Who else in the world knows what corsy edge means? Get thi coyt, thas pulled!!
The favorite word of mine in the Barnsley dictionary has got to be "oo wo hi wi? Wor hi wi is sen? " "who was he with, was he by himself?"

Or another personal favorite: "tin tin tin" "it isn't in the tin"
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
17 posts and no one's mentioned Essex?
ExRN
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
17 posts and no one's mentioned Essex?
Essex isn't bad. It just sounds like any generic southern accent to me :-/
tengentoppa
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Brummie is awful. Don't mind Northern Irish, Welsh or light Scouse
rxns_00
Badges: 15
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tengentoppa)
Brummie is awful. Don't mind Northern Irish, Welsh or light Scouse
(Original post by ExRN)
Not even read the link but I'm going to vote on brum.
Shut up yall brummies beaut
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
33.01%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.16%
No (53)
25.73%
I'm not sure (27)
13.11%

Watched Threads