The Student Room Group

University of Bristol Law Students

Yo!
I will be starting at Bristol this September as an undergrad law student. I thought I'd start this thread so that we would have a space in which to discuss university and Law-related issues! Perhaps we'll even be able to help each other. Shall we begin with something a little cliche?

Year: 1
Interests: human rights, politics, feminism, languages, baking and music
Halls: I have yet to be told
Ambitions: work for an international law organisation such as the UN.
How I feel about starting: excited but terrified because I can't cook. I might have to survive on cake.
Hi, this may be a bit unrelated, but what were your AS/A-level grades? I'm just seriously thinking about applying to the Bristol Law School, but only got AABB at AS.
Thanks.
Reply 2
Original post by 0123456543210
Hi, this may be a bit unrelated, but what were your AS/A-level grades? I'm just seriously thinking about applying to the Bristol Law School, but only got AABB at AS.
Thanks.

Hey! I got AAAAB at AS and A*AAB at A2. I think that if you can write a great personal statement, have good GCSEs, can do well on the LNAT and you are perhaps willing to resit a module or two to bump up at least one B, you should be absolutely fine :smile: When they offered me a place, Bristol lowered the conditions from AAA to AAB, so as long as you think you can get AAA at A2, go for it because you may find that they're lenient.
Reply 3
Thanks.

It would be good for you to find out whether your college fits into Bristols contextual offer (e.g those who are under the 40% rate). Your grades are great and should definitely get you an offer, as long as you get 23/24 or higher on your LNAT and show your keenness in your personal statement! (I am also studying law at Bristol this September)
Original post by Wrf95
It would be good for you to find out whether your college fits into Bristols contextual offer (e.g those who are under the 40% rate). Your grades are great and should definitely get you an offer, as long as you get 23/24 or higher on your LNAT and show your keenness in your personal statement! (I am also studying law at Bristol this September)

It actually does!:smile:
At least something good about attending a not so good college.
Reply 5
It actually does!:smile:
At least something good about attending a not so good college.

Brill! Then you'd likely receive an offer of AAB
Reply 6
Thanks.

I got AABB at AS and was still interviewed by Cambridge, offers from Bristol, KCL, Exeter + Durham - chose and am happily studying here at Bris, go for it.
Heya, I'm starting law this September as well and my flat's in the hawthorns - are any of you folks staying there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Wilder Airs
Heya, I'm starting law this September as well and my flat's in the hawthorns - are any of you folks staying there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope at Manor Hall, though very jealous of you being in the Hawthorns!
Original post by Wrf95
nope at Manor Hall, though very jealous of you being in the Hawthorns!

Ahah it's all the luck of the draw at the end of the day ^^
Do you have any societies in mind yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am going to Nelson! Don't know how I feel about it... Have you guys done the reading?!
Original post by Lawblr
Am going to Nelson! Don't know how I feel about it... Have you guys done the reading?!

Nice one! What made you choose Nelson and the city centre over other areas?
I have done absolutely nothing - I couldn't even find a reading list really, as I read somewhere on the uni site that they'd give us the reading list when we arrived.
I'm probably just going to try to bang out a whole bunch of articles from the economist and the guardian ^^
I am unbelievably hyped for this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I have done absolutely nothing - I couldn't even find a reading list really, as I read somewhere on the uni site that they'd give us the reading list when we arrived.
I'm probably just going to try to bang out a whole bunch of articles from the economist and the guardian ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

you need to preferably have read martin partingtons introduction the english legal system - however reading it during freshers would be fine too
Reply 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I had to apply late so my choice was rather limited. I went there today and it's not bad... Right next to a noodle bar, so that's great.
Yeah, the guardian is my best friend - but the human interest stories and thinkpieces can be so distracting!! 😭😭 did you read the Republican debate commentary yesterday? It was so funny.
Should be good!

Quick Reply

Latest