Debenhams- Interview for stockroom assistant xmas temp

Watch
pastagirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I had my telephone interview today and I passed meaning that I have an interview next week. I was just wondering if anyone has had an interview for this role before and can tell me the sort of questions they ask?
kizzz!
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an interview for the same role on Tuesday! Which store are you applying to?
pastagirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by kizzz!)
I have an interview for the same role on Tuesday! Which store are you applying to?
My interview is on Wednesday at the Bromley store you?
kizzz!
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pastagirl)
My interview is on Wednesday at the Bromley store you?
Ah mines Derby. Are you going to prepare for questions about customer service too or just mainly stockroom related questions? When the lady on the telephone interview asked if I would consider any other role, I said I would be happy to work on the shop floor as a sales assistant so I don't know whether they would ask me questions about that too!
pastagirl
Rep:
?
Ah mines Derby. Are you going to prepare for questions about customer service too or just mainly stockroom related questions? When the lady on the telephone interview asked if I would consider any other role, I said I would be happy to work on the shop floor as a sales assistant so I don't know whether they would ask me questions about that too!
During my telephone interview the lady said that they are going to ask me similar questions like they did over the telephone i.e about the stockroom assistant role. Also when I received an email about my interview it said i need to researched into Debenhams.
Maybe you should prepare to be asked questions about being on the shop floor.
RangaN
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did apply for the same post 3 days ago. Can I please know what type of questions were asked in the telephone interview?

Thanks
kizzz!
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RangaN)
I did apply for the same post 3 days ago. Can I please know what type of questions were asked in the telephone interview?

Thanks
Basic questions such as;
Why do you want to work here?
What skills do you have?
What do you think the job will involve?
What experience do you have?
Do you work well with others?

Then she'll tell you straight after if you are successful. I think if you haven't passed then she'll say that they will contact to on a later date if you've got through or not.
Don't worry, it's quite simple, I'd suggest having a few notes in front of you.
pastagirl
Rep:
?

Thanks
-started off with do you have the right to work in the UK etc
-what do you think the job role involves
-what experience do you have
-what are the required skills for the job role
-what extra service do debenhams offer e.g click and collect
- asked questions about working in a team

my advice is look at the job description for the role on the debenhams website and basically all the questions they are going to ask you, the answers are in that job description. Make notes and have them in front of you.
RangaN
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks a lot
pastagirl
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot
good luck with your interview
kizzz!
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got my main interview tomorrow, not really sure what to expect despite all the advice on here as its stockroom role and most advice is geared towards sales assistant! Good luck for Wednesday pastagirl!
pastagirl
Rep:
?
Got my main interview tomorrow, not really sure what to expect despite all the advice on here as its stockroom role and most advice is geared towards sales assistant! Good luck for Wednesday pastagirl!
good luck for tomorrow, let me know how it goes
pastagirl
Rep:
?
how did it go?
RangaN
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks for the advice ... The telephone interview went really well. I am having my interview at store on next week. The interviewer said he's really pleased of my answers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.71%
No (647)
65.29%

Watched Threads