Cooking for a vegetarian?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So my fiancée and I organised this very fancy diner at ours last night. She had invited her manager and supervisor around in hopes of a promotion, or least easing the way to a promotion. She works in retail.

We cook them our "speciality" which is lasagna and a few added surprises... believe me, it's incredible! We just mix in 2 of our favourite things and make the meal!

Anyway... turns out her supervisor is a strict vegetarian. She (the supervisor) didn't tell us!!

So I nipped to the suprmarket and got her a meal.

At the end of the dinner, she ended up making these rude comments towards my fiancée and quite literally stormed off.

Why are (some) vegetarians likes this? Why didn't she tell us beforehand?
Plumstone
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What a cow! (No pun intended) seriously - I hate people who don't appreciate other people cooking for them, it makes me so mad!

I always try to check if people have any special dietary requirements, but that's just as a courtesy. If people are strictly vegetarian/vegan/allergic to something then they only have themselves to blame if they don't tell people and then get served something they can't eat.

I'm sorry for your fiancee, it must have been awful for her, but it's not her fault and neither of you should feel bad.
Infraspecies
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some vegetarians are like this because they consider the frequency with which these sorts of misunderstandings happen to them are the fault of others, and not their ridiculous dietary particularities.
TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
These things happen when you or the fiance becomes too desperate
HandmadeTurnip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe she just expected you to guess based on the aura of superiority she emanates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (165)
43.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (80)
21.28%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.57%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.85%

Watched Threads