A-Level/Foundation year collapse

Watch
This discussion is closed.
The Saint
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi there,

I've got a couple of problems, and was hoping someone could suggest some options for me. I'm 19 and have just failed a Foundation Year at uni, which I got onto after failing all but 1 A-Level, ICT, in which i got a fabulous 'D'. I also have 2 AS-Levels, Physics 'C' and Photography 'C'. This was partly due to my school 6th form being one of the worst in the country and also my inability to pass anything since my GCSE's. Having to do that Foundation Year already means I'm a year behind most people my age. Unless I can convince my tutor to allow me to resit my foundation exams before the start of the next academic year, I will have to wait till next June to take them, wasting yet another year. I've been looking at some sites, such as that of Greenwich uni, and if i was very persuasive I might be able to get onto one of their clearing courses, although that's a long shot. Has anyone got any suggestions of what I can do? My foundation year was meant to lead to a BEng in Electronic Engineering, but strangely, while studying this year i seemed to really want to study Law. Although after all of this I am really confused and am questionning everything. I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
33.96%
No (523)
66.04%

Watched Threads