Tai Ga
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Wot is this? Is it as good as it's hyped up to be? I keep seeing comments on the freshers page saying not to by it and every year a lot of people don't turn up (this was said by older manchester students). Should I buy the ticket or wait?
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tai Ga)
Wot is this? Is it as good as it's hyped up to be? I keep seeing comments on the freshers page saying not to by it and every year a lot of people don't turn up (this was said by older manchester students). Should I buy the ticket or wait?
Do not buy the tickets beforehand buy them on the door instead so this way you can avoid disappointment if the event turned out to be bad. If I were you I would definitely not buy these so called "queue jump/fresher tickets" It's much better to buy them on the door instead of paying like £50 for the fresher wristband.
HandmadeTurnip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's an event that's run by a nationwide company in cities all over the country so it's very commercial and 'generic' in nature. They tend to spam promotion for events like that all over the place to try and cash in on the thousands of young students worrying about not being left out at uni etc. That's why the majority of Freshers' groups that you find on Facebook are run by promoters rather than the universities themselves. It's a slightly underhand (at least in my opinion) way of passing the events off as official and 'the' tickets to buy.

There's nothing 'wrong' with buying tickets for it if you want to but I'd strongly recommend sticking with the official Welcome Parties and Pangaea. They're run by the Students' Union solely for UoM students so the quality of the experience is likely to be much higher than that of the profit-driven commercial events.

I'd also recommend waiting until you get there before buying tickets so you can check what your flatmates are doing.
aaruing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm 17 this September and going to uni. Do they allow under 18's in the big freshers event?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
47.37%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
10.53%
No I am happy with my choice (8)
42.11%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads