The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

URGENT HELP-Anyone commuting to essex uni?

Anyone commuting from London to essex?
Hi! I'm a current student at the University of Essex, I just wanted to reassure you that lots of people commute :smile: we also host an event called Housewarming (this Friday 4th September) which is where all the commuting students come to the university for the day so they can get to meet others, finding out about our clubs and societies, as well as learning how to manage your time. Oh and there's a free BBQ! I'd really recommend going if you'd like to meet other commenting students before you start uni :smile:
^Shannon
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
I'll be commuting from Ingatestone, about half an hour from Colchester station, I've heard about a free minibus from colchester station to the campus but not sure if it's still around?
Reply 3
Original post by HarrietBailey
I'll be commuting from Ingatestone, about half an hour from Colchester station, I've heard about a free minibus from colchester station to the campus but not sure if it's still around?

There will be minibuses running from the station all throughout arrivals day, i don't think there is a free service that runs all throughout the year though!

There are plenty of buses that run to and from the station and uni though and you can buy bus passes!
Original post by HarrietBailey

Hiya,
Just thought I would add that yes there will be a free bus running on arrivals day but other than that you can get either the 61 or 62 bus from North Station to the University of Essex (62 takes a shorter route so is about 10 minutes quicker). As a student you get a reduced price bus pass, an annual pass was around £150 last year and I believe it will be around that price again this year.
I get the bus in every day from North Station so if you have any questions feel free to ask me!

^Natalie.
Where can I get the annual bus pass from please ?

Rachel
Reply 6
They sell it at the freshers fair that they have in freshers week on campus, also you can get them from the Post Office on square 4. Check out this link for more information https://www.essex.ac.uk/transport/bus/ ^Sam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending