Pineappleheadish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm going to uni this year, and need an ID card, best place to get it please?
GoingToBurst
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What kind of ID? You'll get your student ID from the university and if you're talking about personal ID, you should apply for a passport or provisional driving license. If you already have a passport/some form of driving license then you don't need anything else.
JustGeorgeJ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pineappleheadish)
I'm going to uni this year, and need an ID card, best place to get it please?
What kind of ID card are you talking about?

If you are referring to your Student ID... that gets given to you by your university. You can't go anywhere else for it. That will be provided by your uni but not for use as ID when clubbing.

ID like that you need either a provisional or passport and you apply for that with forms from the post office or going to DirectGov.org.
Pineappleheadish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've got a passport, but for going out and stuff, is there an alternative if I don't have a driving liscence?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pineappleheadish)
I've got a passport, but for going out and stuff, is there an alternative if I don't have a driving liscence?
Some clubs might accept something like a citizencards with the pass logo on them but some places are quite fussy with them so a driving license could be a good bet.
holly_1994
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just take your driving licence. Even better if it's provisional, because it would be worse (more expensive) if you lost your full licence. Everyone takes a licence, because it's the easiest form of ID - even if you don't drive, get a provisional one.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah just get a provisional license unless you have a passport which stands out a bit, but is obviously real and readable, I've managed to get a few discounts and free drinks at off licenses and bars because my passport helps people recognise me

That said I've got a provisional license now as well so that I'm less likely to lose my ID when I go out and I'll always have a backup one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.72%
I don't have everything I need (240)
44.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed