amyxwillis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi everyone
I got into Dr Challoners sixth form but I'm not sure if it's the right school for me, so I was wondering if any students who go there or have been there could help?
I just wanted to know if the people there are friendly and if it's easy to mix in with the others (most of which have been there for secondary school too), how strict it is etc. Are you allowed to leave and come back for lessons or do you have to be in school at ALL times?
And finally, I know these questions are kinda pathetic but do they let you use your phone and is there a strict dress code?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Cheesecake1998
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know of the school; as far as I am aware they are quite strict, you cannot use your phone unless permission is given and in certain locations. You have to be in schools at all times apart from lunch/and if you get to go home early. There is a strict dress code. As for the students, there is a wide range of people and their friendliness varies; however at this stage you should not be too interested in socializing and focus on your studies.
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I went to DCGS so I have a pretty good understanding.

People are very friendly, and it's very easy to mix in with others. There's always a cohort of a few dozen people who are new in sixth form, and they always integrate in a short space of time. As far as how strict it is: in DCGS you are not allowed to leave before 12.30, but after that time you can leave whenever you want (although you MUST attend every lesson). I assume DCHS is the same. You can use your phone, but usually only in sixth-form only areas (so you can't walk around school using it), and there isn't a strict dress code as far as I know, but you're encouraged to dress appropriately (skirt/blouse etc).
amyxwillis
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you for the reply just one more quick question - I read somewhere that there are compulsory r.e lessons for the sixth form, do you know if this is this true?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads