Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Chromsomes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just to help me to get my head straight are there 46 chromosome in a 'normal' cell and 92 chromatids?

ReputationRep:
    no

23 and 46

(Original post by Whywhywhy)
    no

23 and 46
    err
    considering all chromosomes are in PAIRS, how do you think you have 23 chromosomes?

23 PAIRS, possibly.

ReputationRep:
    Well considering the poster said "46 chromosome," God knows what they meant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    err
    considering all chromosomes are in PAIRS, how do you think you have 23 chromosomes?

23 PAIRS, possibly.
    u have 23 chromosomes in gametes cells

(Original post by shushimeng)
    u have 23 chromosomes in gametes cells
    Yes. Do you expect a prize or something?

However the original poster was referring to "NORMAL", i.e. non-gamete cells.

Well considering the poster said "46 chromosome," God knows what they meant.
    I am sure anyone with half a brain would have noticed the poster had just mistyped missing off an "s". It's not as stupid a mistake as yours, really, is it?

Rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

Whatever man...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    I am sure anyone with half a brain would have noticed the poster had just mistyped missing off an "s". It's not as stupid a mistake as yours, really, is it?

Rosie
    Where have I made a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)

how do i know what it says in the original poster

how do i know what it says in the original poster
    The original poster is the person who posted the original message on the thread, not some kind of wall decoration as you seem to believe..

rosie

Where have I made a mistake?
    In saying that "normal" cells have 23 chromosomes.

(I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    In saying that "normal" cells have 23 chromosomes.

(I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here)
    Why don't you tell me what a "normal" cell is then?

Why don't you tell me what a "normal" cell is then?
    I would take a "normal" cell (in humans) to be a somatic cell rather than a gamete cell, which are unusual with respect to their chromosome number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    I would take a "normal" cell (in humans) to be a somatic cell rather than a gamete cell, which are unusual with respect to their chromosome number.
    so can YOU explain why a normal cell have 23 chromosomes whereas every other cell in the body suppose to be 46? i could be suprised

so can YOU explain why a normal cell have 23 chromosomes whereas every other cell in the body suppose to be 46? i could be suprised
    err
    I can't explain that, because they DON'T.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.