The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Biomedical Science at Wolverhampton University

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
Just wanted to ask how wolves is at letting people in to do biomed, as in like if you slightly miss the entry requirements are they quite lenient or no?:smile:
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 21
heyy im doing HND biomedical science in september aswell and was wondering how different is first year from first year of bsc biomedical science?
Reply 22
heyy im doing HND biomedical science in september aswell and was wondering how different is first year from first year of bsc biomedical science??
Reply 23
hey im doing HND biomedical science in september aswell and was wondering how different is first year from first year of bsc biomedical science?

Original post by 123Life
Hey I have found it good thanks. Yes there is quite a bit of recap but not all. Thank you, I will be transferring in a few weeks and yes I am living out.
Reply 24
Original post by littlemissmaya
hey what was the timetable like first year for HND ???

i need to know as I'm probably going to be commuting.

Hey, it is not so bad. It may change this year though. Last year I had lectures Mon,Teus and Friday. Practicals were different days, different weeks.
Reply 25
Original post by shereensohail
Hey,
Just wanted to ask how wolves is at letting people in to do biomed, as in like if you slightly miss the entry requirements are they quite lenient or no?:smile:

Hi you have to call their clearing hotline. Or you can go through the route I went through. (above).
Reply 26
Original post by sxmxlx33
heyy im doing HND biomedical science in september aswell and was wondering how different is first year from first year of bsc biomedical science?

Hi, it is exactly the same in terms of lectures/practicals..

(HND you get extra help, like extra sessions if you want) hope they do not change it this year. Quite helpful.)
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey so am I, are you going to be living out ?
Reply 28
Original post by Muslimah92
Hey so am I, are you going to be living out ?

Hey and yh im going to be living in accommodation (city en suite) wbu?
Hey and yh im going to be living in accommodation (city en suite) wbu?

Is it girls only?? , I'm still trying to find accommodation..
Reply 30
Original post by Muslimah92
Is it girls only?? , I'm still trying to find accommodation..

My accommodation is mixed i wanted single sex but i guess they didnt have anymore left. They have single sex corridor but im guessing theyre all gone now
Reply 31
If you cant get any in City, you could try Victoria Halls close by. http://www.victoriahalls.com/wolverhampton/
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi, are you still doing BMS at wolves? I’m in my second year and I need so much help because everything I’m currently doing isn’t working and isn’t helping me at all, it’s pushing me down So bad. I don’t find the lectures helpful at all, most of the lecturers read off the board but then we have exams that were expected to know a billion and one things we weren’t even taught. It’s january and I’ve already failed two modules. Can you tell me how to do better please. I tried to move unis but I don’t have the a levels and most don’t accept transfers
Original post by abbyolly
yes i am and it has been quite interesting. I dont know anyone doing HND. Most people do foundation instead of Hnd, this is because at the end of hnd, iff you need to get a degree in bio medical sciences then your hnd certificate wont be issued, you will just move straight unto third year

Hi, are you still doing BMS at wolves? I’m in my second year and I need so much help because everything I’m currently doing isn’t working and isn’t helping me at all, it’s pushing me down so much. Let me know please x
Original post by DRR Lumberjack
Just finished second year of Biomedical science at wolves, and I can honestly give this review:

It's ****, if you want to work in an NHS lab then its fine. But if you want a more research based career then MOVE UNIS. Redo your a levels and apply elsewhere.

The students on the whole are f*****g stupid, they're idiots who just came through clearing or picked it as a last resort option - although some students are smart.

The staff don't really care about you, they know it's a s**t university hence the support you get is pretty crap. There are maybe only 1 or 2 staff members out of like 30 I've encountered who are good.

There's jack all to do in Wolverhampton, it's a s******e. The town centre is ugly and it's a boring place to live.

I've personally decided to transfer to Biochemistry because the Biomedical science programme is a dead end career with the outlook to become fully automated within the next 20 years. This degree will basically teach you to push buttons for 8 hours a day. Waste of 2 years, avoid if you can. Sorry to ruin your high hopes kids.

Hi, how did you get through it. Honestly they just read off a screen and then expect us to know so much stuff for the exam, and they haven’t even taught half of it. Can you please help me because I just failed two of my three first semester modules and I can’t afford to be doing that tbh. Let me know
Hey, just wandering how is the biomedical science course like in Wolverhampton?
Original post by ZaraLovesYouu
Hi, are you still doing BMS at wolves? I’m in my second year and I need so much help because everything I’m currently doing isn’t working and isn’t helping me at all, it’s pushing me down so much. Let me know please x

So I know it's been a year but if you still need help with anything let me know, I've only just logged in to tsr after a year

Quick Reply

Latest