Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    Thank you. You know I really appriciate all you people who have been replying on this thread. I think I might go over to the psychiatry department even if all I do is find out where it is for future reference.
    psych depts can be scary... just be prepared. there'll be lots of people 'shuffling' to appointments and signs saying "ECT - keep out"... dont get freaked

ReputationRep:
    Really go see a doctor and get that note. Who cares if you've got a label, better to have a label than to suffer in silence.

Within two months of startin A levels my depression came on badly (had been coming for a while due to not talking bout things I should've). 6 months later, I went to the doctors and got anti-depressants (by now I'd already dropped one subject cause i couldn't get up in a morning to go to sixth form). They made me so ill I couldn't go to college for a while. By the end of first year my AABB was CEE. After a re-mark and re-takes in january I got my Es to a B and a D. But after that lost the plot again and ended up taking an overdose

Anyway basically I ended up totally with my ABB A2 levels at DD, and my AA AS levels at BC. My form tutor wrote me a great reference and luckily I managed to get into Notts Trent. I was so grateful to be let into somewhere I went, but now after a year I've realised that its not where I want to be, and I see all these people that I went to school with doing so well.

Wish I'd not been so proud and talked to someone about it

ReputationRep:
    Did you go to your GP then? I hope it worked out ok for you and your exams go well. I never told my GP about my depression and anxiety until university, I went through A-level and didnt do as well as I could have because of it, I got into my first choice uni and above the required grades but I could have done better. I now have depression and anxiety written on my medical records but I seriously dont care. I want to go into the health service and yes I will write it on my application forms. For example, lots of doctors suffer from depression, sometimes having suffered from something yourself can be an asset as you can emphasis better.

Exams don't cause depression, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    No exams dont cause depression in many people, there is usually a much deeper underlying cause but they can certainly be disrupted by them. Ive been through GCSE, AS, A2 and first year uni exams with depression and it is much harder to concentrate and get motivation when you suffer from clinical depression therefore it can have an impact on your performance in the exams.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.