The Student Room Group

Degree Ideas

I've been thinking of doing a degree in medicine or some kind of engineering but i've recently been very unsure and confused and i'm going into upper 6th year so decisions have to made very soon! so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of other degree options that might be available to me that i haven't thought of yet :smile: I do Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics for A- Level.. any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated.
Medicine is completely different to engineering and to say something like biochemistry.
Medicine is a vocational degree and the content isn't hard its the sheer amount you have to learn (a lot of memorising) and also you have to be wanting to see patients and spend over half your time in the wards seeing patients.
If you don't want a career as a doctor seeing patients then engineering is a good option and also academic sciences like biochemistry etc. Have a think about what you want to do in the future as you can apply to anything!
Get work experience - that will immediately help you to decide. Medicine and Engineering are completely different. What is it about the two that they have in common which interests you, because I cannot see a direct correlation in terms of the jobs that they lead to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending