The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision

How can i easily remember the periodic table easily?
There is absolutely no need to learn the periodic table, ever.

There will always be one provided in an exam.
Reply 3
Rote learning!

How much of the table do you want to learn?

What facts? Just the names or other things too?

But, as Vanilla Poison pointed out, why would you want to?
You don't need to learn it. However, if you're doing lots of chemistry work, you'll find that you can start remembering names for symbols and things like atomic weight off the top of your head.
Why do you want to learn the periodic table?

Just look at your specification and check the formulas you need the remember.
You obviously need to know the main ones such as the main gases in the air and some formulas regarding processes that involve oxides.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
thanks guys! the reason why i wanted to is cuz i havnt done chem for a year now and im going to have a mock on it in year 11 in september or something so i thought i should start off by learning the main or just all of th periodic table you know...?
You would be better of learning some of the formula of molecules that appear in your exam specification (e.g. hydrocarbons) than the whole periodic table. If you do want to learn some of it I would advise the only learning the atoms that appear most often, if you can identify these. Also some of them for which the atomic symbol does not obviously lead to the atom may be worth learning (e.g. Fe-Iron, Au-Gold). Just to point out, there is no obligation to do this as a periodic table, as well as a reactivity series and a list of common ions, is provided (at least for AQA it is).
Original post by Neymar Heart
thanks guys! the reason why i wanted to is cuz i havnt done chem for a year now and im going to have a mock on it in year 11 in september or something so i thought i should start off by learning the main or just all of th periodic table you know...?

Please explain to me how you think it'll actually help. I'm having a really hard time understanding your logic...

Quick Reply

Latest