khannnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Has anyone here resat A-Levels out of the normal 2 Years and made it into Dentistry? A lot of the universities don't accept resit applicants unless they had extenuating circumstances. The chances seem very low but has anyone managed to do it?
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by khannnn)
Has anyone here resat A-Levels out of the normal 2 Years and made it into Dentistry? A lot of the universities don't accept resit applicants unless they had extenuating circumstances. The chances seem very low but has anyone managed to do it?
Hi. I haven't got into dental school or anything but I had a quick look at the Dentistry wiki page on TSR and, while it depends on your circumstances, some universities do accept resits.

For instance, Manchester apparently wants predictions of A*AA at the second sitting and no less than a C in each subject at first attempt; QUB only consider people who missed by one grade the first time i.e. got AAB instead of AAA. Newcastle also considers resit applicants but only if they are previous offer holders who put Newcastle as their firm choice and missed the conditions of the offer.
khannnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Hydeman)
Hi. I haven't got into dental school or anything but I had a quick look at the Dentistry wiki page on TSR and, while it depends on your circumstances, some universities do accept resits.

For instance, Manchester apparently wants predictions of A*AA at the second sitting and no less than a C in each subject at first attempt; QUB only consider people who missed by one grade the first time i.e. got AAB instead of AAA. Newcastle also considers resit applicants but only if they are previous offer holders who put Newcastle as their firm choice and missed the conditions of the offer.
Thanks for your reply Yes I had a look at that too. Leeds also accepts resit applicant as well as Sheffield but they give preference to applicants who applied there and didn't make it in the previous year. Plymouth accepts retakes if the grades ABB were achieved in the first sitting.

I was just wondering if anyone had taken this route and had been successful or is there anyone going through this for 2016 entry?
troubadour.
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by khannnn)
Thanks for your reply Yes I had a look at that too. Leeds also accepts resit applicant as well as Sheffield but they give preference to applicants who applied there and didn't make it in the previous year. Plymouth accepts retakes if the grades ABB were achieved in the first sitting.

I was just wondering if anyone had taken this route and had been successful or is there anyone going through this for 2016 entry?
Ah, okay. I'm applying for medicine so I don't know too much but I know people who're applying to dentistry although none of them retook exams. :3 Good luck with your application!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (273)
66.1%
No (140)
33.9%

Watched Threads