The Student Room Group

Texting on date nights!!

I dont get to see my boyfriend often because of his work commitments so when we spend time together I want his full attention and it to just be all about us. Every time we spend time together he goes on his phone- its only to send a few texts but it really upsets me.
He says that Im being immature and need to respect the fact that he has other commitments.
Am i unjustified in feeling hurt?
"I want his full attention" clingyness alert. Or, he maybe is really very busy atm. Maybe a workaholic type of guy who can't seem to find time to wind down.
Reply 2
He's texting his side chick.

I know it. You know it. He knows it. We all know it.
If he's sat glued to his phone then yeah, I'd be annoyed. However, a couple of texts is fine. I think you are overreacting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe he's too busy for you bro?
You know, Just take it slow.
I know, I know, I know.
Oh, Oh, Oh.

- Patchface 2015 :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
"I want his full attention" clingyness alert. Or, he maybe is really very busy atm. Maybe a workaholic type of guy who can't seem to find time to wind down.

Hmm I just think that he has so much time away from me to text, I dont understand why he needs to do it in the limited time we have together
I agree with OP actually, and any given situation where people are out with not only partners but friends too. Unless it's something hugely urgent, don't be on your phone when you're with other people. It's quite rude imo.
Reply 7
Tbh, as a guy, if the girl did this to me, I would be pissed. It's one thing that you don't get enough time together, but on top of that, he has the audacity to text someone else while you're ON the date. I get that if it was an emergency-sure. but, really? come on, man. Hang out with your girl-while you still have her. damn. OP-I'm with you!
It's not even a matter of clinginess. it's that in the limited time you have, there should be a level of commitment to each other within that given amount of time. If you were asking him to take a couple of days off here or there, then that's clingy. I totally agree with how you feel OP.
Seriously? It takes like 2 seconds to send a text

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending