Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Science Equivalency Test .... HELPP watch

Announcements

(Original post by Sam7871)
    Hi has anyone say the science equivalency ? I’m about to sit mine in the next few hours

How did your exam go? Did you do Biology or the combined science?

ReputationRep:
    Is the exam paper based or on a computer and was it multiple choice or short answers?

I did the IGCSE this summer but if I don't get the C, I'll do the equivalency test.

(Original post by Muserock)
    Is the exam paper based or on a computer and was it multiple choice or short answers?

I did the IGCSE this summer but if I don't get the C, I'll do the equivalency test.
    Hi there,
    I did mine yesterday. Questions are both fill in blanks, multiple choice, but many more require written logical answers.
    I would recommend to do it via equivalencytesting.com. The exam is also paper-based. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azazy)
    Hi there,
    I did mine yesterday. Questions are both fill in blanks, multiple choice, but many more require written logical answers.
    I would recommend to do it via equivalencytesting.com. The exam is also paper-based. Hope this helps
    Great, thanks! I'm hoping I've passed the GCSE but if not, the equivalency test seems like the best way forward. Did you find the exam reasonable?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I’m planning on doing my equivalency soon but I am pretty nervous because I don’t know if it’ll be hard as the GCSE or IGCSE. For those who have done it , Could anyone post up the format or even an examples of the question. Please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceA77)
    Hi. I’m planning on doing my equivalency soon but I am pretty nervous because I don’t know if it’ll be hard as the GCSE or IGCSE. For those who have done it , Could anyone post up the format or even an examples of the question. Please
    Hey, I'm in the same position - it's my last requirement to get onto my teacher training programme. Are you doing teacher training?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azazy)
    Hi there,
    How was equivalency testing? I can't find a maths date for any time soon! It's so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mozza8989)
    Hey, I'm in the same position - it's my last requirement to get onto my teacher training programme. Are you doing teacher training?
    Yes i am, do you have any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Yes i am, do you have any tips?
    I've just booked a place outside of London and doing an equivalency tomorrow I've travelled this far and I hope it's worth it!!!! But the practice papers online I'm failing the QTS skills seemed easier I just hope we get into uni...what one you going to?

ReputationRep:
    I've just booked a place outside of London and doing an equivalency tomorrow I've travelled this far and I hope it's worth it!!!! But the practice papers online I'm failing the QTS skills seemed easier I just hope we get into uni...what one you going to?
    Good luck Mozza8989.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muserock)
    Good luck Mozza8989.
    Thank you!!! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes x

ReputationRep:
    It went okay just the waiting game now

ReputationRep:
    what were the questions like? if you dont mind me asking x

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone know which exam board the equivalency testing uses? isit AQA or edexcel. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I passed!!!!! Yeeey

ReputationRep:
    Hi, looking to sit mine soon with equivalencytesting.com. Really need some advice!!!

What was the layout like (multiple choice or more essay type questions?)? Any advice for the exam at all? Need as much help as i can get please!

Also whats the best revision for the test?? What exam specification is it (OCR, Edexcel etc..)? Did anyone pay the £350 for the marked homework, if so is it worth it or should i just revise myself??

ReputationRep:
    I passed!!!!! Yeeey
    Hi Mozza8989, congrats on passing!

Please can you give me some quick advice, should I do the 16 week assignment course which equivalencytesting.com offers or should I just pay the £150 for the exam and revise myself??

If you could please reply I would be extremely grateful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tje123)
    Hi Mozza8989, congrats on passing!

Please can you give me some quick advice, should I do the 16 week assignment course which equivalencytesting.com offers or should I just pay the £150 for the exam and revise myself??

If you could please reply I would be extremely grateful.
    I didn't do with equivalency testing in the end. I reckon it depends on how confident you are at the subject. Try and get it done as early as possible, I stupidly left mine last minute

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do with equivalency testing in the end. I reckon it depends on how confident you are at the subject. Try and get it done as early as possible, I stupidly left mine last minute
    Ok thanks! How did you do yours in the end? Did you manage to pass? And did you revise yourself or use a personal tutor? And yea I’m aiming to take mine in January so gives me time to retake.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.