The Student Room Group

A Level Students Studying outside of the UK

Hello all,
Ever since I thought about going to university I thought about studying abroad. I had heard that a lot of students in the UK do it for a few reasons, like lesser tuition fees. However, at my school I know of no one who is thinking of studying abroad and none of the teachers have experience of it so I've had to this all on my own. Even on the student room, I haven't seen general forums for studying abroad - I'm thinking Europe, Hong Kong or Japan. If you are also thinking of or are already studying abroad please share your experiences, ask questions and give advice.
Reply 1
BTW, I just completed AS and am doing physics, maths and ICT for A levels.

I have short-listed my universities to: Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (Netherlands), Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), University of Tokyo (Japan), University of Twente (Denmark).

I also have a few fall backs in the UK just in case: University of Manchester, University of Edinburgh and University of Birmingham.
Reply 2
I think that would be great! I just came here in the UK from Italy to study and this September I will start college. It's an amazing opportunity I would recommend you to at least try, you won't regret it. The whole experience its challenging because maybe (like me) you won't speak your first language but in return you will meet new people and probably have the time of your life knowing a different culture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending