The Student Room Group

Just a couple of questions regarding As results

Okay, I studied Maths, physics, chem and bio at as, I was predicted 4As but I achieved
Maths: A
Biology: A
Physics: B
Chem - C
I want to study chemical engineering at university and I'm looking at AABish unis. I slacked way too much and ended up slipping at the end.

Questions -
Physics was 3 ums of an A do I resit or hope A2 can pull it up that little bit extra?

Dropping one needs to be done, physics and maths are musts so it is between chemistry and bio, I enjoy chemistry a lot more than biology but dropping bio would mean starting with ABC rather than AAB, which should I drop? (Note: For chemE most unis ask for Maths and physics or chemistry, so chem isn't a must)

I feel I can pull chemistry up with hard work but I find myself doubting myself, if I resit chem 1 and 2 is it likely to go to an A/B from a C?

Any other advice would be amazing,
-PP
Reply 1
Original post by ProcessPrince
Okay, I studied Maths, physics, chem and bio at as, I was predicted 4As but I achieved
Maths: A
Biology: A
Physics: B
Chem - C
I want to study chemical engineering at university and I'm looking at AABish unis. I slacked way too much and ended up slipping at the end.

Questions -
Physics was 3 ums of an A do I resit or hope A2 can pull it up that little bit extra?

Dropping one needs to be done, physics and maths are musts so it is between chemistry and bio, I enjoy chemistry a lot more than biology but dropping bio would mean starting with ABC rather than AAB, which should I drop? (Note: For chemE most unis ask for Maths and physics or chemistry, so chem isn't a must)

I feel I can pull chemistry up with hard work but I find myself doubting myself, if I resit chem 1 and 2 is it likely to go to an A/B from a C?

Any other advice would be amazing,
-PP

I would consider retaking the mechanics module of your AS physics, since studying the A2 mechanics can make the AS mechanics much clearer, as can M1 if you are yet to take that maths module.
I would suggest dropping biology over chemistry, as you are more likely to limit your university choices for chemical engineering if you were to drop chemistry. As for retaking Chemistry modules, I would certainly advise that you retake the organic chemistry module, as much of this stuff is done in greater detail at A2.
Hoped this helped.

Quick Reply