The Student Room Group

Help me plzzz

if i did btec science at gcse is it okay for me to do biology a level? I did physical education and the theory exam was basically biology and i got a C in it.
Original post by Husna98
if i did btec science at gcse is it okay for me to do biology a level? I did physical education and the theory exam was basically biology and i got a C in it.

No offence but you if you did BTEC at GCSE there's no way you would manage at a level. Such a leap in the information you need to know and if you didn't even do the normal triple science ones at GCSE you won't be prepared in the slightest. Also a C at GCSE equates to a U at a level and that's in physical education so that may not be a good sign either, considering biology is much much harder. Physical education at a level would be fine for you, but biology is a bit far fetched for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheyCallMePolish
No offence but you if you did BTEC at GCSE there's no way you would manage at a level. Such a leap in the information you need to know and if you didn't even do the normal triple science ones at GCSE you won't be prepared in the slightest. Also a C at GCSE equates to a U at a level and that's in physical education so that may not be a good sign either, considering biology is much much harder. Physical education at a level would be fine for you, but biology is a bit far fetched for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, what? :indiff: so... A* = C at A level?
Original post by Imperion
Wait, what? :indiff: so... A* = C at A level?

Okay got that slightly wrong, but what I meant is if he only got a C in a subject not as academic such as physical education, then there's no way he'd pass a subject as rigorous as Biology at A level.

2 girls in my year who got A's in biology in triple science got E's in AS, I don't think a guy who did BTEC has a prayer unfortunately.

Not trying to be judgmental, just honest. There are better options out there for his skill set.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheyCallMePolish
Okay got that slightly wrong, but what I meant is if he only got a C in a subject not as academic such as physical education, then there's no way he'd pass a subject as rigorous as Biology at A level.

2 girls in my year who got A's in biology in triple science got E's in AS, I don't think a guy who did BTEC has a prayer unfortunately.

Not trying to be judgmental, just honest. There are better options out there for his skill set.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: I love how you put it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending