The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Generally confused

Hello,
I am starting mmu in September and have only had my place confirmed within the last week, I am yetto get any information on whether or not I secured a place in any of the halls I applied for in April. I am also on the edge of changing my mind and just living at home in Liverpool, is thst still a possible option and if so how?

Also, my induction day is on the 21st, that morning I arrive back from a holiday, is it vital I go to this hour long thing?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by manwithcape
Hello,
I am starting mmu in September and have only had my place confirmed within the last week, I am yetto get any information on whether or not I secured a place in any of the halls I applied for in April. I am also on the edge of changing my mind and just living at home in Liverpool, is thst still a possible option and if so how?

Also, my induction day is on the 21st, that morning I arrive back from a holiday, is it vital I go to this hour long thing?

I changed my mind last year and traveled from Liverpool each day that I was in. It's definitely doable but it becomes tiring after a while. My attendance definitely suffered because of it, so I made the decision to move to Manchester for this year.

Regarding the induction, they didnt take a register or anything at any inductions I did, but it's recommended you go as you may miss some valuable information.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by manwithcape
Hello,

Your halls application couldn't get processed until your place was secured, and since that has only happened in the last week, your application is only being processed now. You should get word back fairly quickly though.

Quick Reply

Latest