Turn on thread page Beta

wots psychology like at degree level watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi is any1 doing the bhc hons degree in psy as im not sure wot topics r involved etc
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    hi is any1 doing the bhc hons degree in psy as im not sure wot topics r involved etc
    thanks
    depends entirely on the uni- look in their prospectus

lou xxx

(Original post by lou p lou)
    depends entirely on the uni- look in their prospectus

lou xxx
    Hopefully she is applying in the next UCAS round because it would be verging on insane not to actually check what you will be studying at your chosen university. I hope I'm right!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Hopefully she is applying in the next UCAS round because it would be verging on insane not to actually check what you will be studying at your chosen university. I hope I'm right!!! :confused:
    what... you mean i should of checked the course first?! dammit, ah well i'm sure the maths bit will be dead easy and sort of p1 standard.... right?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    ive checked but it doesn't give enough detail lol. ive already accepted a course its just i was thinkin of changing

(Original post by emmz)
    ive checked but it doesn't give enough detail lol. ive already accepted a course its just i was thinkin of changing
    Ahh, you should try harrasing the people at your chosen department. Im sure they will be only too happy to send you a breakdown of the course material (plus it shows your interested)!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, you should try harrasing the people at your chosen department. Im sure they will be only too happy to send you a breakdown of the course material (plus it shows your interested)!!!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    well, if the degree's going to be worthwhile, it will give you automatic membership of the British Psychological Society, therefore meaning that certain core areas must be covered. As I'm doing a dual honours degree it means that the psychology we do is the bare minimum in order to get into the BPS - we have to do lower and higher cognitive functioning, developmental psyhology, and an overview of all the different theories.

I imagine all courses have some footings in these areas, but as people have said ask the uni you're applying to.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.