Ridwan1473
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Student loans company keeps sending me letters about how much money I'm getting but no idea when i get my instalments for maintenance loans / grants?!
Tbh i think SLC should do more informing students about the loans as opposed to just giving us money

Posted from TSR Mobile
24rose5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ridwan1473)
Student loans company keeps sending me letters about how much money I'm getting but no idea when i get my instalments for maintenance loans / grants?!
Tbh i think SLC should do more informing students about the loans as opposed to just giving us money

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

If you check your online account I think you could see the payment dates. Go on student finance and login your online student account. You will see 'your details, payments, correspondence, log out'. You click on payments to view your payments amounts and dates.

I hope that helps.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just to add, the first payment date quoted is the earliest date on which SF will release your money - you won't necessarily get it then.

In order to trigger the payment, you have to enrol at uni, then uni confirms your attendance to SF. Only then will SF release your funding. If the uni enrolment date is after the date on your SF correspondence/system, then you'll get the money later than that.

I'd advise turning up with enough money to cover you until at least the week after your camous enrolment date.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ridwan1473)

Posted from TSR Mobile
You should have a payment schedule online you can view. You get your first payment 3-5 working days after registering at the uni assuming there aren't any problems. After that they usually come at the start of each 'term'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise