The Student Room Group

What do you think are reasonable predictions?

So in the subjects I am taking further to A level, (Computer Science, Maths and Chemistry) I got BCC in that order, not the best I know. I realised after looking at Unis I may be looking a bit too high, (ABB requirements). My B was 4 UMS off an A whilst my core 1 and core 2 maths were a B and an A respectively whilst I got an E in mech. I will be retaking mech and a chemistry unit in order to push up may grades. What would you predict me? Please be honest.
In my experience, most people tend to go down from AS to A2.

However, with retakes and taking into account how close you were in your subjects, I would go as high as ABB.

A2 exams are harder, however, resits will be easier. I think if you want ABB it is going to be challenging but possible.

I went from AAAB - AAA from AS to A2.

However, My actually unit grades at A2 were lower than I got at AS.

Best of luck
Reply 2
Original post by Yellow636
In my experience, most people tend to go down from AS to A2.

However, with retakes and taking into account how close you were in your subjects, I would go as high as ABB.

A2 exams are harder, however, resits will be easier. I think if you want ABB it is going to be challenging but possible.

I went from AAAB - AAA from AS to A2.

However, My actually unit grades at A2 were lower than I got at AS.

Best of luck

Thanks for your input, I had heard people went up from AS to A2 but I found this rather optimistic. I will definitely be working harder this year than last year (that's what they all say :P)
Original post by lenfam
Thanks for your input, I had heard people went up from AS to A2 but I found this rather optimistic. I will definitely be working harder this year than last year (that's what they all say :P)

Hi in my experience i went up from AS TO A2 with no resits required i went from ABB TO A*AA. If you get mid B overall at AS or even a high C you can still get an A* at A2 providing you get 90% (Depends on exam board) Focus on A2 but obviously the grade E resit it but don't put all your attention on it A2 is more important
Original post by lenfam
So in the subjects I am taking further to A level, (Computer Science, Maths and Chemistry) I got BCC in that order, not the best I know. I realised after looking at Unis I may be looking a bit too high, (ABB requirements). My B was 4 UMS off an A whilst my core 1 and core 2 maths were a B and an A respectively whilst I got an E in mech. I will be retaking mech and a chemistry unit in order to push up may grades. What would you predict me? Please be honest.

howcomes u done mechanics,wouldnt stats have been easier or did u do physics and how did that go?
Reply 5
Original post by youreanutter
howcomes u done mechanics,wouldnt stats have been easier or did u do physics and how did that go?
Yea, I did physics and got a D and dropped it, Stats would of been easier but I'm going to do that in A2.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lenfam

I got ABC at AS and was predicted AAB. Which I did get, by the very skin of my teeth 😂 The subject I got a B in at As I got an A by 1 mark (exactly 320 ums ) at A2 , but I only got a mid B at AS and didn't retake anything.

I got a low C at AS and retook the lot and got a very high B ( 2 off an A ) at a2

I'd say one grade above is always plausible if you work hard and retake a few things.which uni do you want to go to? A lot of unis are way more lenient on results day anyway
Reply 7
Original post by lachachacha
I got ABC at AS and was predicted AAB. Which I did get, by the very skin of my teeth 😂 The subject I got a B in at As I got an A by 1 mark (exactly 320 ums ) at A2 , but I only got a mid B at AS and didn't retake anything.

I got a low C at AS and retook the lot and got a very high B ( 2 off an A ) at a2

I'd say one grade above is always plausible if you work hard and retake a few things.which uni do you want to go to? A lot of unis are way more lenient on results day anyway

Just say the A was calculated ;P. As for unis I was looking at Nottingham and Queen Mary's London. (ABB and BBB entry requirements) If I do get predicted ABB I was told you should apply to one Uni slightly higher than your predicted grades so I suppose that would be York or Sheffield (AAB).

Quick Reply

Latest