The Student Room Group

Failed my AS Levels and I need help

So I did not do too well in my AS Levels this year, I got ADDE and I am going to have to resit year 12.

I now have 2 options either stay at my current sixth form (which I didn't really enjoy) and retake 3 subjects- starting the new A level courses (however they are letting me retake the same subjects I did this year). Or i can move to another sixth form (which is really nice and I think a change will be a good idea) however, they are letting me carry on with the a2 of the subject i did well in but i have to fo 3 new as'S due to funding issues i cant do the same subjects as last year.

Im afraid if I go to this new sixth form it will be too much work but I don't know if I will be motivated and enjoy my time in mu old sixth form. Please help
Why do you think you did badly? (being honest with yourself).

Was it that you didn't enjoy the subjects, or you had poor teaching, or you just got distracted? :bebored:

If you enjoyed the subjects I would stick with them.

You have to consider where you want to be at the end of the two years.
If the new subjects don't do it for you, or if the new subjects are too much work, then you could end up with poor grades again. :mad:

But if not enjoying sixth form was a part of your failure, then the change could inspire you.:flower:

I think if I were you I would stay put, but that's just me. :itsme:
Reply 2
If im honest I did badly for a number of reasons, on some papers ezam technique was the issue (i ran out of time and panicked) in others it was due to revision (not prepared enough) and one subject (the one I got an E in) I struggled with it the whole year. But overall I was not happy at my school and felt I was only there to get good results (which didn't turn out that well). Do im thinking a fresh start will be good but I am worried about the workload i will have and totally new content whereas if I stay the workload us less and I already leant some of the content
Could you change the one subject you got an E in and keep the rest?
I know someone who re-did their AS year changing some subjects but not all, and they did really well.
Reply 4
At my current sixtform i can keep the same subjects but at the new sixthform i will end ip kepping 2 and having to do 2 complearly new subjects (due to funding issues - they wint let me retake all the subjects as i failed them once)
Which do you honestly think will give you the better chance of success (ignoring which you would enjoy more) ? :king1:

It sounds sensible to change the subject you got an E in anyway, and obviously you keep the A subject, so that just leaves the two Ds to decide on.

D actually means you had some grasp of what was going on, but either you didn't put in the hours making sure you could retrieve facts from memory (because, let's face it, that is such hard work :unimpressed: ), or, as you say, that you didn't get the hang of time management.

Which choice pulls you towards it? :boing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending