Can any soon to be freshers relate?!

Watch
justmoll
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im super nervous about using a shared kitchen in my accommodation in uni, i share a flat with 5 other freshers and we have to share a kitchen but i cringe at the thought of preparing food and meals around these other people as though they will judge me on what/how i make food. I don't eat anything strange, am I just overreacting?
Sterling21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by justmoll)
am I just overreacting?
yes
justmoll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sterling21)
yes
How so? Can you elaborate on your reason?
TwinnyP
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im super nervous about using a shared kitchen in my accommodation in uni, i share a flat with 5 other freshers and we have to share a kitchen but i cringe at the thought of preparing food and meals around these other people as though they will judge me on what/how i make food. I don't eat anything strange, am I just overreacting?
What are you nervous about exactly?

They are hardly going to laugh at your chopping skills, or your stirring skills. And TBH, most students can't boil an egg, so I wouldn't worry
JustGeorgeJ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you are just overreacting. It's rare that anybody prepares food at the same time when sharing a kitchen. When I had a shared kitchen every time I went in there, there was rarely a time I spent in and someone was preparing a meal. Everybody has different times of eating. If there is someone cooking when you are, you just get your own space and do your own thing. No one will judge you at all. Like you said, overreacting. Calm down.
nase14_aldayz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wonder if the GBBO has inadvertently created a new phobia...
justmoll
Rep:
?
(Original post by nase14_aldayz)
I wonder if the GBBO has inadvertently created a new phobia...
I hope not!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads