The Student Room Group

Click Here If You Want Tips To Get Out Of The Friendzone

I see this topic appearing a lot here and my male mates in my course ask me help on this as well.

The reason why it happens is because you are just too nice to the girl. When you meet her, you probably say to yourself 'don't mess this up' and that makes you a nice guy. You don't make any moves because you think 'oh sh** what if she says no', after this happens for a few days, its pretty much over. Not that I've personally experienced this, but if its at the point where its been a while and you are good friends with her, its probably not going to happen.

So here are some tips.

You need a strong personality. You wan't here to notice you the moment she meets you. You need to be slightly loud, not annoying, but loud and attention grabbing. If you fade away in the background, you already start in the back foot.

You need to find things to take the p*** out of her with. I don't no, maybe her jewelry or back, just drop something like 'how the hell do you walk around with that all day?'. Little things like that.

Don't ask for her number all politely. After you've talked a bit, put your phone in her hand and tell her to put her number into your phone.

Drop your number to her later, not straight away, make her wait. Then just write something short like this is me this my number.

When you reply to her texts, make them one word answers. Trust me girls say they hate this, but from my experience it keeps her more keen.

When you are around her, you need to give her female friends and random girls attention. If you two are ordering coffee for example, make sure its OBVIOUS you are checking out the girl thats serving you.

Also make sure you know other girls and make sure she knows that.

When you want to see her, demand to see her, don't ask. Don't say will you be free tomorrow if so it would be nice to see y...etc etc NO. You say 'see me at the library tomorrow at lunch. - that's it, don't say anymore than that.

You need to make her feel like crap every now and then, not too often. and just say things like 'what the hell was that?' 'what are you playing at?'

Looks probably does come into it. Try to look sharp, working out with a big chest, nicely fitted clothes. But looks mostly depend on genetics, so thats beyond your control - but you can work on your image.

The most important thing is always at the start. You need to make it look like you are there for the girl, the hunt and the kill is your only game. Then her and friends will know you aren't some sort of play mate lol.

Make it obvious at the start you're checking her body out, drop bits of attention to her about her body, face, looks etc.

Anyway, I'm sure there's more but that's all for now.
That just sounds like tips for being a ****.
Reply 2
More like "Tips on how to get girls to avoid me" :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
This will work :rolleyes:
Negging doesn't work irl :erm:
Reply 5
OP is completely deluded. The reason people get friendzoned is usually because they are obsessed with someone out of their league who doesn't fancy them remotely. There is no solution to this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I see this topic appearing a lot here and my male mates in my course ask me help on this as well.

The reason why it happens is because you are just too nice to the girl. When you meet her, you probably say to yourself 'don't mess this up' and that makes you a nice guy. You don't make any moves because you think 'oh sh** what if she says no', after this happens for a few days, its pretty much over. Not that I've personally experienced this, but if its at the point where its been a while and you are good friends with her, its probably not going to happen.

So here are some tips.

You need a strong personality. You wan't here to notice you the moment she meets you. You need to be slightly loud, not annoying, but loud and attention grabbing. If you fade away in the background, you already start in the back foot.

You need to find things to take the p*** out of her with. I don't no, maybe her jewelry or back, just drop something like 'how the hell do you walk around with that all day?'. Little things like that.

Don't ask for her number all politely. After you've talked a bit, put your phone in her hand and tell her to put her number into your phone.

Drop your number to her later, not straight away, make her wait. Then just write something short like this is me this my number.

When you reply to her texts, make them one word answers. Trust me girls say they hate this, but from my experience it keeps her more keen.

When you are around her, you need to give her female friends and random girls attention. If you two are ordering coffee for example, make sure its OBVIOUS you are checking out the girl thats serving you.

When you want to see her, demand to see her, don't ask. Don't say will you be free tomorrow if so it would be nice to see y...etc etc NO. You say 'see me at the library tomorrow at lunch. - that's it, don't say anymore than that.

You need to make her feel like crap every now and then, not too often. and just say things like 'what the hell was that?' 'what are you playing at?'

Looks probably does come into it. Try to look sharp, working out with a big chest, nicely fitted clothes. But looks mostly depend on genetics, so thats beyond your control - but you can work on your image.

The most important thing is always at the start. You need to make it look like you are there for the girl, the hunt and the kill is your only game. Then her and friends will know you aren't some sort of play mate lol.

Make it obvious at the start you're checking her body out, drop bits of attention to her about her body, face, looks etc.

If you really want to avoid the friendzone, don't befriend girls who you fancy, only be friends with girls you don't facny.

If you befriend girls you fancy you will be friendzoned, it's common sense. You're approaching it wrong, if you fancy a girl approach her like a potential mate, not a friend.

Your life will become infinitely better when you realize this simple fact of life; you cannot be friends with people you fancy, you either try to attempt copulation, or not. There is no middle ground, and if you try to find one you'll have proven yourself as too beta to be worthy and will have failed.

why do you think its necessary to do this? You will get no where with girls smh
One, the 'friend zone' is not a thing. Two, you're advising people to be dicks. Do you happen to think that 'nice guys finish last, ergo I will finish first if I act like a ****' by any chance?
Reply 9
What the hell are you guys talking about. This advice is solid advice.

Take a +1 from me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by chantalc
why do you think its necessary to do this? You will get no where with girls smh

Lol, I mentioned at the start I'm talking from experience because people ask me this often.

And I should add I've gotten further with girls doing this. When I was in year 7 I thought its best to be nice, but I realized pretty quickly the more aggressive and dirty I am, the more I got noticed by the best looking girls then.
Original post by Pro Crastination
One, the 'friend zone' is not a thing. Two, you're advising people to be dicks. Do you happen to think that 'nice guys finish last, ergo I will finish first if I act like a ****' by any chance?

I didn't say anything about nice guys finishing last. I'm talking about this friend zone.

And it is a thing, how can it not be? Do you not go to uni college or school?

Why do people make threads about this for no reason?

And I've seen it myself. A girl will say I only see him as a friend etc.

So here are some tips.

I disagree with this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending