The Student Room Group

College supplies - what do I need to buy?

I'm taking biology, phycology, health and social care and philosophy, what do I need to buy? Obviously i know I need pens and notebooks but that's it, please help
Reply 1
I did a biology AS and my god it was the worst decision of my life. For biology I think you'd need a decent set of patience. If you're college provides you with a text book this is not enough, try to find online resources
Off the top of my head, I can remember that I got these for this September: 3 folders, a pencil case, a bag, highlighters, a diary, an A5 notepad, A4 notebooks, pencils (and a rubber, sharperner, e.t.c), flash cards and sticky notes. I still need to purchase my actual revision books from school however. Hopefully these will give you an idea of what you need to buy.
Reply 3
Original post by tedible
I did a biology AS and my god it was the worst decision of my life. For biology I think you'd need a decent set of patience. If you're college provides you with a text book this is not enough, try to find online resources

I'm actually really interested in biology so hopefully I don't find it too hard, thank you for the advise, did you find any good places for biology revision online?
Reply 4
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Off the top of my head, I can remember that I got these for this September: 3 folders, a pencil case, a bag, highlighters, a diary, an A5 notepad, A4 notebooks, pencils (and a rubber, sharperner, e.t.c), flash cards and sticky notes. I still need to purchase my actual revision books from school however. Hopefully these will give you an idea of what you need to buy.

Thank you, do I need to write out notes in an A4 notebook then transfer it to a folder/ ringbinder or keep in it the notebook?
Original post by Ineedadvise
Thank you, do I need to write out notes in an A4 notebook then transfer it to a folder/ ringbinder or keep in it the notebook?

Well I'm most probably going to write the notes on the paper whilst it's in the notebook; then attach it to the ring binder like last year.

By the way, the reason I got an A5 notepad was to write down any troubling topics I may have come across during lesson to review at home.
Reply 6
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
Well I'm most probably going to write the notes on the paper whilst it's in the notebook; then attach it to the ring binder like last year.

By the way, the reason I got an A5 notepad was to write down any troubling topics I may have come across during lesson to review at home.

Okay can I ask why people do this and don't just keep their notes in the notebook because it seems to take up time and effort, thank you for sharing your advice with me😊 and okay, did you have a textbook or anything that you could revise from?
Original post by Ineedadvise
Okay can I ask why people do this and don't just keep their notes in the notebook because it seems to take up time and effort, thank you for sharing your advice with me😊 and okay, did you have a textbook or anything that you could revise from?

Sure! xD I prefer taking out the sheets from the notebook because essentially I'll also be printing the specification (everything that may potentially be on the exam) too. The notes will be in accordance with the specification, so I'll be placing the sheets of notes behind the page of the specification , in the ring binder, where the sheet will be expanding on what's written in that particular part of the specification. This means that if I don't understand something in a past paper, I can find where the topic is in the specification, look at the sheet behind it and revise much faster. Had I kept the sheet in the notebook, this process would take much longer.

No problem! Yeah, I'll be purchasing a textbook from my school. I would have bought one earlier but my teachers were unable to suggest the revision books I'll need for my subjects in an email I sent them at the start of the holidays. Along with the textbooks however, definitely print out the specification for all of your subjects. They're just as important, I think, as the textbooks themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending