Dubai- travelling this december- advice?!

Watch
Yellow Sonic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Going there for the first time, and was wondering if there is anything other than shopping and resorts to see. for example historic sites, interesting museums etc

I am going alone, and don't really know much about the area so any advice would be appreciated!
ToottiFruti
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dont steal anything
Yellow Sonic
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ToottiFruti)
Dont steal anything
im not the type to steal haha.

unless its a bargain
moneus
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ToottiFruti)
Dont steal anything
Dubai is the place where you can leave you shop open unattended, return and find it untouched.
choc biscuit
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You can visit 'old dubai'. It's where the souks are. From there you can take an abra ride across the river (a traditional boat ride).

There's also bastakia around there which is a historical site. It has a museum that's very cheap so worth a look.

Around a hour car journey from dubai you can go to a place surrounded by mountains where you swim with wild dolphins (the name escapes me atm).

There is so much more to dubai then the initial glitz and glamor, you will absolutely love it. Visit TripAdvisor forums (dubai section obviously) for the most invaluable information.

Enjoy...you really will.
tedible
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The best time to go is during Ramadan. There is a huge sale on everywhere. Although you have to fast I didn't find it too bad even in the late June heat. But it doesn't really matter which time you go. You're only allowed to drink in a hotel bar or a private bar, they are pretty hot on public drinking fines. Don't worry about getting taxis every where; I got a taxi to take us from one side of Dubai to the other and it only amounted to £8. Don't change a lot of money into dirham until you get there since they will offer you a higher rate than in the UK as well as not charging you so much for exchanging
domonict
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Respect local traditions

Ok so take a western approach but take care not to offend

You hear all sorts of trouble about being even caught with aspirin at customs so check the rules and your luggage
meandrewhudson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dubai Museum and Burj Khalifa are must see attractions. If you are a shopper then Mall of the Emirates is a must go. Ski Dubai is also a cool attraction.
Elicia gift
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi my sweetness! I'm here for fun making Ethiopian girl Available chat me at( +19713017865 for best olive oil massage f**c...and others things you are always welcome to are service
JeanMilburn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Great
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (123)
62.12%
I don't have everything I need (75)
37.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise