The Student Room Group

Could I get 3 As at alevel

I got 8As and 2Bs at gcse and im about to start year 12. Im doing chemistry biology and maths. People have told me the subjects are too hard and only people with A*s at gcse would get As at alevel, and I only got As at gcse
You definitely could, alevels are essentially a fresh start, just start with 3A's as your focus, and work hard and you'll get those grades c:
Reply 2
Some of my friends got A* at GCSE and got U/E/D at A level, GCSEs really don't matter.

If you work hard, there really is no reason why you can't get A*A*A*
Honestly I only got 4As at GCSE with 7Bs and I got ABB in AS and am predicted AAA in A2. Some people don't do well in A Level when they did well in GCSEs, but others do way better at A Level. It all depends on how well you learn things, and natural ability really shows at A Level. The people who do well 99% are just good at that subject and don't actually work that hard. If you aren't naturally good at it and have to work really hard then it is harder to get as good grades as the naturally talented people, which is a complete reverse of GCSE.
Yes.
Original post by amarsthecat
I got 8As and 2Bs at gcse and im about to start year 12. Im doing chemistry biology and maths. People have told me the subjects are too hard and only people with A*s at gcse would get As at alevel, and I only got As at gcse

GCSE's may be an indicator of A level performance, but they're not necessarily going to majorly impact your A level performance.
Me and my friend both got 6 A*'s at GCSE, I ended up with A*AB and my friend only just got his AS results back (he resat the first year after getting DEUU) and got BBCD.
Also another of my friends only got 1 A* at GCSE and ended up with A*A*A at A level, so don't worry too much. Put in the hard work and you should reap the rewards.
Reply 6
I had three A*s at GCSE, and only ABC at AS (which I was disappointed in). As long as you set yourself goals, work hard, you can do it. My mistake was not making as much effort as I should have to make more revision notes, I mostly started just before my mocks and wish I had done way before that!
Reply 7

You've got good GCSE results; you can certainly get 3 As, if you work hard enough.
Reply 8
Original post by Sam280297
GCSE's may be an indicator of A level performance, but they're not necessarily going to majorly impact your A level performance.
Me and my friend both got 6 A*'s at GCSE, I ended up with A*AB and my friend only just got his AS results back (he resat the first year after getting DEUU) and got BBCD.
Also another of my friends only got 1 A* at GCSE and ended up with A*A*A at A level, so don't worry too much. Put in the hard work and you should reap the rewards.

thank you this gave me confidence! i just need to put in the work
Original post by Sam280297

What a-levels did ur friend do?

you'll learn in life that a lot of rumours regarding education is complete garbage. "i heard some kid saw the further maths exam and shot himself IT WAS THAT ARRRD MATEEE" no honestly, just don't listen to them a levels is 20% intelligence and 80% hard work in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest