what if i dont receive saas reply by start of course?

Watch
pineaaapple
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hi
ive registered for module starting october, but registration closes in weeks time and i think i should provide payment or proof of received grant before that time. ive send my application more than month ago to saas but didnt receive any replay yet.
did anyone had similiar situation?
im just wondering what happens if i dont hear from saas bbefore registration closes or before my course starts...will my registration be cancelled or will i be asked to pay it myself at once...?
i know i missed proposed deadline of 30th july to put application in but at that time i didnt even know i will be studying lol just spontanious decision and i really wanted to start as soon as possible so i went for it but now i dont really know what should i do... will they let me to start my course when i dont hear from saas anytime soon?

thank you for any info
Urist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
According to this page: http://www2.open.ac.uk/students/help...-to-pay-q-scot you need to have completed the SAAS application and sent it off by the final enrolment date (i.e. the 10th of September). I would assume that so long as the OU has received it, they will wait to see the results of the application before they decide you need to pay by other means.

It's worth checking the OU website, signing in and checking your Studenthome to see if your modules are confirmed for funding - mine were confirmed a few weeks before I got my letter from SAAS, because the OU had gotten their copy long before I did.

Given that you sent your application more than a month ago, I think you'll probably be fine.
Mehlbox00!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Where exactly can you check if your module is confirmed for funding? Sorry that might seem a stupid question but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Urist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kat00)
Where exactly can you check if your module is confirmed for funding? Sorry that might seem a stupid question but I couldn't find it anywhere.
If you click "Track your application process" below the module name in StudentHome, you'll see that it says "Registered on (day) (month) (year)" if you are successfully registered on the module. The date listed will be when they accepted your funding application.

If it says they're still waiting for funding confirmation then they have mostly not received anything yet. If it says something about a temporary confirmation or holding onto a place then they've received the application but SAAS hasn't confirmed it yet.

Good luck!
Mehlbox00!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for your reply. Mine says registered on 5 August! That's only like a few days after I sent everything to the OU. I still haven't received anything from SAAS.
Urist
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kat00)
Thanks for your reply. Mine says registered on 5 August! That's only like a few days after I sent everything to the OU. I still haven't received anything from SAAS.
Yeah, it took SAAS nearly a month after the OU registered me to send me my funding certificate. When you receive it, it will say on the certificate that you need to show it to your university, but this is for people studying part time at a local college or similar. The OU gets a copy sent to them by SAAS, as the registration already being confirmed shows.

I'm very happy that you're successfully registered! What is it you're going to be studying? I'm starting a BSc (Hons) Computing & IT and Mathematics with the modules TU100 - My Digital Life, MST124 - Essential Mathematics 1 and MST125 - Essential Mathematics 2.
Mehlbox00!
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Urist)
Yeah, it took SAAS nearly a month after the OU registered me to send me my funding certificate. When you receive it, it will say on the certificate that you need to show it to your university, but this is for people studying part time at a local college or similar. The OU gets a copy sent to them by SAAS, as the registration already being confirmed shows.

I'm very happy that you're successfully registered! What is it you're going to be studying? I'm starting a BSc (Hons) Computing & IT and Mathematics with the modules TU100 - My Digital Life, MST124 - Essential Mathematics 1 and MST125 - Essential Mathematics 2.
I'm going to be doing social sciences, but I am still contemplating doing the computing degree too. I'll see how I go first though.

Good luck with your studies!
pineaaapple
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
thanks for replies
mine says registered on 30th july but ive send it all to them on 18th july so it all apparently takes time lol
good luck to others waiting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads