The Student Room Group

How can i retake as a private candidate?

I Did bad in my as and now currently im going to start with a computing btec course which is equivalent to 3 a-levels however I wanted to do maths a level on the side as a private candidate.

How do i apply to do maths a-level as a private candidate?
How much will it cost per exam?
I prefer OCR but what wouldn't mind other exam boards.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by 0farhang0
I Did bad in my as and now currently im going to start with a computing btec course which is equivalent to 3 a-levels however I wanted to do maths a level on the side as a private candidate.

How do i apply to do maths a-level as a private candidate?
How much will it cost per exam?
I prefer OCR but what wouldn't mind other exam boards.

1. Ask your school/college exams office if you can do it there. It would be the cheapest option.
2. If not, You contact local schools and colleges and ask if they will accept you as a private candidate for A level. Any can but most don't want the bother. You will find some guidance on the private candidates pages of the examiners web sites. You may have to be flexible with the examiner depending on what your local centres offer. Start you search early so you know which examiner you are preparing for.

Impossible to say what the cost would be as the centres can charge what they like. You will have to sit 6 exams. The exam fees are approx £20 for each exam (depending on examiner) but additional fees can often bring that up to £50 per exam OR EVEN HIGHER so shop around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
1. Ask your school/college exams office if you can do it there. It would be the cheapest option.
2. If not, You contact local schools and colleges and ask if they will accept you as a private candidate for A level. Any can but most don't want the bother. You will find some guidance on the private candidates pages of the examiners web sites. You may have to be flexible with the examiner depending on what your local centres offer. Start you search early so you know which examiner you are preparing for.

Impossible to say what the cost would be as the centres can charge what they like. You will have to sit 6 exams. The exam fees are approx £20 for each exam (depending on examiner) but additional fees can often bring that up to £50 per exam OR EVEN HIGHER so shop around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks a lot for your reply I will try to contact all of my local centers

Quick Reply

Latest