The Student Room Group

Will I struggle with A levels with these GCSE grades?

Ok so i got my gcse results and am about to start German chemistry Biology and Latin at A level. My problem i have is that im worried that with my gcse grades which i will list below i may not be able to cope with a levels. By the way my gcses are pretty bad.

Chemistry A
German A
Maths B
Biology B
Religuous Education B
Physics B
Geography C
English literature B
English language C
Latin B
You should be okay. Most people come out with a grade below but of course it depends on how much work you put in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your GCSEs are not bad (they are actually very good), nor are they any barrier to you completing A Levels successfully.
Your GCSE's are good! Most of my year didn't get grades as good as yours! :smile: I think your A-level choices are pretty good too, so long as they're subjects you enjoy and are happy to work hard for. The step up from GCSE to A-level is big but there's nothing stopping you from doing well. :biggrin: Good luck.
Forget about those GCSE's. Just think positively and say to yourself that you will work VERY hard for these a-levels.
My GCSE grades were worse than yours (not saying yours are bad), and i got 4A's at AS (bio,chem,geog,psych).

You just need determination from the start and put in a reasonable amount of work.

Good luck :smile:.
Reply 6
Original post by Lucasium
You should be okay. Most people come out with a grade below but of course it depends on how much work you put in

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by 16Characters....
Your GCSEs are not bad (they are actually very good), nor are they any barrier to you completing A Levels successfully.

Thanks i feel a lot more confident now
Reply 8
Original post by Niyi Aderounmu
Forget about those GCSE's. Just think positively and say to yourself that you will work VERY hard for these a-levels.

Will do and thanks for the reply
Reply 9
Original post by qwerty123A
My GCSE grades were worse than yours (not saying yours are bad), and i got 4A's at AS (bio,chem,geog,psych).

You just need determination from the start and put in a reasonable amount of work.

Good luck :smile:.

Thanks. Yeah after opemung my results i was sort of happy but a bit disappointed so i tpld myself i have to do at least an hour of revision each day after school after homework

Quick Reply

Latest