law :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Flather
Document my ****es over the course of a year

gee thanks.. i'll consider that... :*
Original post by ftahir02
law :smile:

Have a law related idea then?
Maybe something on capital punishment, death penalty, or even political stuff like general elections?

Are u in y12 or 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
hi thanks ill consider those! i'm in year 13 as of this september after having completed my AS this summer
hi thanks ill consider those! i'm in year 13 as of this september after having completed my AS this summer

Oh I see cool :smile: good luck juggling a2 with epq!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
My sixth form expects us to do an EPQ in year 13. It's a grammar school. I don't think I'll be able to cope tho. Have you done an EPQ if yes what on
My sixth form expects us to do an EPQ in year 13. It's a grammar school. I don't think I'll be able to cope tho. Have you done an EPQ if yes what on

Don't worry, there's many other schools who do epq in year13. If you put your mind to it, you probs can. I'm not gonna say it's an easy road, like at times you may want to give up, but you need to remind yourself why you started. Yeah I'm in year 12 going into y13 and I did my epq on the arab-israeli conflict. So it was mainly a history focused essay (and I love history so it kinda made sense). Honestly I wanted to give up so so much, but every time I did, I reminded myself why I started: because I didn't want to do duke of edinburgh (silver) and that was the only other choice, lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
can i have any suggestions!! please!!

I have never done an EPQ but if I were to do it I would like to do it about ISIS.
Reply 11
I did my EPQ on Independent vs State schools, as in which offers the best education, why there are issues with both, and the controversy surrounding the disparity between the two.
I'm starting year 13 in September and I've started my EPQ over the holidays. Choose a subject related to what you want to do at Uni as you can talk about this in your personal statement/interview to show that you're interested! But, don't forget to do something that you're interested in too, as it is a lot of work and it'll be difficult to do so much if you don't enjoy it! It's good to choose quite a broad subject that you can talk a lot about, as throughout the project you'll have to narrow it down and change things to a more specific topic or question. However, don't choose a topic where you can't fit all the information in!

For example, I want to study Psychology at university and so I chose to do a mental illness. I then chose to Asperger's Syndrome in particular as my little brother is soon being assessed for this disorder, so I'm finding this really interesting to study :smile: I've recently narrowed this to how useful a diagnosis is to children when in a school environment, and I already have an idea of what I'm going to change it to next!

Good luck!
I'm also doing my epq now and I'm going into year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by angelcake123
Don't worry, there's many other schools who do epq in year13. If you put your mind to it, you probs can. I'm not gonna say it's an easy road, like at times you may want to give up, but you need to remind yourself why you started. Yeah I'm in year 12 going into y13 and I did my epq on the arab-israeli conflict. So it was mainly a history focused essay (and I love history so it kinda made sense). Honestly I wanted to give up so so much, but every time I did, I reminded myself why I started: because I didn't want to do duke of edinburgh (silver) and that was the only other choice, lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! That makes me feel so much better. What grade did you get it sounds like you did well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by M&F
I have never done an EPQ but if I were to do it I would like to do it about ISIS.

I did think about Isis but then what would I write about. How it is ruining the way Muslims everywhere are seen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by noumenon
Perhaps do a discussion of theory or precedent, i.e. Dicey and Rule of Law or find a case study (maybe a big one from the news) in which a legal ruling has polarised people and try to discuss the precedent behind it and whether or not there is a good case for a different settlement- here's one that springs to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BozFxbHx6vM

Thank you so much. THE link helped me make my decision!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by noumenon
ps. ^ . I wouldn't worry, my school made me do an epq in yr.13 and it wasn't a difficulty, just try to avoid all the ridiculous meetings with the supervisor, and just fabricate the entire log book (worked for me.)

Ahhahah well done. That sounds like my style!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by amyanne98
I'm starting year 13 in September and I've started my EPQ over the holidays. Choose a subject related to what you want to do at Uni as you can talk about this in your personal statement/interview to show that you're interested! But, don't forget to do something that you're interested in too, as it is a lot of work and it'll be difficult to do so much if you don't enjoy it! It's good to choose quite a broad subject that you can talk a lot about, as throughout the project you'll have to narrow it down and change things to a more specific topic or question. However, don't choose a topic where you can't fit all the information in!

For example, I want to study Psychology at university and so I chose to do a mental illness. I then chose to Asperger's Syndrome in particular as my little brother is soon being assessed for this disorder, so I'm finding this really interesting to study :smile: I've recently narrowed this to how useful a diagnosis is to children when in a school environment, and I already have an idea of what I'm going to change it to next!

Good luck!

Thank you so much!! You sound like you are going to get a great grade!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I did think about Isis but then what would I write about. How it is ruining the way Muslims everywhere are seen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not only that but you could go into each beheading in detail from the beheading of US jurnalist james foyle to burning alive the jordanian pilot. Also talk about the ranson money asked. How ISIS has affected the relationship between coutries, while western counties have united to fight IS but then arabian coutries are reluctunt to unite because of sunni shia sectarian conflict. Talk about how IS has expanded its territory in syria and iraq and how it is enslaving yazidi woman and also selling oil and natural resouses to fund its mission. Talk about how ISIS are a khariji group (extremist sect about which the prophet has warned us - see yasir qadhi's lecture on IS). Also talk about how media has reacted to this and does not difrentialte between an average muslim and an extremist. You can also talk about the jihadi bride that travel from this county, the fact that they are young and are being groomed on the Internet by the IS men on the other side.

There are many more things to talk about . It will take 10,000 words essey for me cover the complexity of this evil cult.

Quick Reply

Latest