krtdg
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
“Labour’s 1951 election defeat was more due to their own weaknesses than Conservatives strengths” to what extent to you agree with this statement?

In this question do i talk about Labour's strengths and weaknesses and Conservatives strengths and weaknesses or just Labour's weaknesses and Conservatives strengths?

I'm just starting year 12 and we have been set this as homework, i would really appreciate some help

THANKYOU
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Argue two sides of the argument - agree with the statement by discussing Labour's weaknesses and then disagree with it by arguing for the strengths of the Conservative party. Try and make links between factors and make sure they're synoptic - eg if a factor is economic mention that it's economic or if it's a leadership onen mention how it's a leadership strength/weakeness etc.

I got an A at AS history and I did Britain 1906-1951 so I've covered this (albeit a while back!).
krtdg
Rep:
?
(Original post by smozsolution)
Argue two sides of the argument - agree with the statement by discussing Labour's weaknesses and then disagree with it by arguing for the strengths of the Conservative party. Try and make links between factors and make sure they're synoptic - eg if a factor is economic mention that it's economic or if it's a leadership onen mention how it's a leadership strength/weakeness etc.

I got an A at AS history and I did Britain 1906-1951 so I've covered this (albeit a while back!).
Thank you so so much!! I love history, i got an A* at gcse and i really want to do well this year too:-)
krtdg
Rep:
?

what should i include in the into? i'm so unsure about how to go about this essay
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by krtdg)
Thank you so so much!! I love history, i got an A* at gcse and i really want to do well this year too:-)
Well done, hope you continue to enjoy history!

My biggest tip would be to practice as many essays as you can. Your essay technique in the exam is vital for a good grade alongside relevant facts and sound knowledge and understanding. You could know the syllabus inside out but if your exam technique isn't there you won't do as well as you could.

Good luck

EDIT:
(Original post by krtdg)
what should i include in the into? i'm so unsure about how to go about this essay
Mention what side you agree with more and say what factors it was due to - eg, economic, their campaign and leadership and which one was most important. Prioritising is also good.
krtdg
Rep:
?
Well done, hope you continue to enjoy history!

My biggest tip would be to practice as many essays as you can. Your essay technique in the exam is vital for a good grade alongside relevant facts and sound knowledge and understanding. You could know the syllabus inside out but if your exam technique isn't there you won't do as well as you could.

Good luck

EDIT:

Mention what side you agree with more and say what factors it was due to - eg, economic, their campaign and leadership and which one was most important. Prioritising is also good.
Thank you again, I can't explain how helpful all of this is!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads