The Student Room Group

do you find it weird that there are people over 25 that use this forum?

strong lurkers

they have finished education, this forum is liberal and boring for the most part, so why are they here?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no
Original post by Straighthate
strong lurkers

they have finished education, this forum is liberal and boring for the most part, so why are they here?

Everyone is a student for life, not just the first 25 years.
Reply 3
I don't find it that weird...although they have finished education they can still give advice to current students.
Well it depends if they 25+ and still in education then its perfectly fine, but if they not in education and started there working life It would be a bit weird to still be on here, unless your e.g. a nurse who's here to help guide future nurse students.....

I personally would not want to be on here once I started my career.
I'll still be a student when I'm 26
Should I not be here then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most students on here don't use TSR exclusively for study help.
Original post by CheetahCurtis
Everyone is a student for life, not just the first 25 years.

yh, because focusing solely on academia makes you a student of life?
No, not really.

Postgraduate students, people who started university late, people who are looking for advice regarding "graduate" or "entry-level" positions, people looking to pass down relevant information e.g. teachers etc.

They're all welcome here.
yh, because focusing solely on academia makes you a student of life?

I never said a student of life.
It's called the student room, not the teenage room. I'm over 25 and a postgraduate student so this forum is relevant to me in many ways.
Reply 11
I'll be using this forum till I die.
As someone over 25, i find it weird that I keep coming back to this forum. Some of you aren't exactly great adverts for the youth of today.
I'm 26 and still here. Haven't been a student for over a year now. Come at me.

In all seriousness I went through a long phase of not logging in when I started working, I just come on here when I'm bored or want some basic advice. It's easier than creating a new account on reddit or something. I try and input into educational stuff too to do with uni/course choice. There's loads of graduates on here.
Ever heard of mature students?
Reply 15
I don't mind, but there are a few here that already have jobs and are not students but they are still on TSR complaining about the younger users.
Reply 16
This is a student chatroom but so many things are covered on it that older people need to use it to pass on their experience to younger people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No.
strong lurkers

Have you considered that people over 25 might still have something useful to add to the forum? That perhaps their collective wisdom and experience is valuable?
Kind of, it's mainly 16 - 19 year olds using this, maybe a few 20 years old, so 25 years it a bit old is a bit high

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending