do you find it weird that there are people over 25 that use this forum? Watch

Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Take away over 25s and you wreck most of my unis support team, who offer probably the most sensible advice on TSR.

Man.bear.pig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by serah.exe)
Pretty much.
Spoiler:
Show
Wait I don't get what you're saying?
I'm saying you seem like the type of girl who isn't offended at silly or weird humour. .....
Man.bear.pig
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why should I be offended over humour? :laugh:
are you retarded? :hmmm:
i mean offended like if I do something random you won't be snobbish about it.

with that being said:

hi.
Man.bear.pig
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Erm okay then :erm:
remind me to never compliment your personality again.
Evening
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
Have you considered that people over 25 might still have something useful to add to the forum? That perhaps their collective wisdom and experience is valuable?
You ever stop and think that maybe the person who keeps one upping you isn't over 25? It's a disturbing thought.

TSR has gone from a casual student society at the pub to a mass-produced breakfast club that has bottled the young with the old. I wouldn't call upon the old adage to respect one's elders so readily in this smorgasbord of users ranging from funny, clever, witty, dumb, biggoted to downright insane. Certainly, it seems to hold far less relevancy now that the user count has skyrocketted.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Evening)
You ever stop and think that maybe the person who keeps one upping you isn't over 25? It's a disturbing thought.

TSR has gone from a casual student society at the pub to a mass-produced breakfast club that has bottled the young with the old. I wouldn't call upon the old adage to respect one's elders so readily in this smorgasbord of users ranging from funny, clever, witty, dumb, biggoted to downright insane. Certainly, it seems to hold far less relevancy now that the user count has skyrocketted.
And more fool the youth of today if they decide they don't think our counsel is important or helpful.

It is true though.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
And more fool the youth of today if they decide they don't think our counsel is important or helpful.

It is true though.
Mick.w
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Straighthate)
strong lurkers

they have finished education, this forum is liberal and boring for the most part, so why are they here?
there's forums more interesting than this? what are they?

and yes i do find it mildy weird. but i don't think they're pedophiles or anything. otherwise they'd lie n say they were younger... i think. or maybe not i dunno.

i do tend to find the older people on this forum to be quite erm... immature. shockingly so. like to a point where i think they have some sort of mental illness. whats worrying is some of these people are teachers. but i think u get that with lots of teachers. you spend to long around kids and you start behave like them.

but some are just kinda geeky loners too.

i guess whats nice about this forum is you can get a bit more personal and recognize certain avatars n have debates n what not.

but im 25 about to hit the next phase of my education and must admit i've found this forum to be largely under stimulating seeing as even the older students closer to my age tend to think like 16 year olds for the most part anyway.

i was on another forum but it shut down and never got revived back to what it once was.

i guess something thats hard to beat about this forum is its diversity. although it will have young takes on subjects its at least got a lot more diverse interests like news politics celeb news random ideas and opinions etc...

its topics are much more diverse than those you would find on say something like a body building forum.
Crystalz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ii find it weird when i see 28 year olds with over 20 posts a day flirting with 17 year olds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads