HunterJumper27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
By good enough, I mean for Cambridge and for my school. My school's ranked in the top 10 grammar schools and all students get 100% of A*-C at GCSE with the majority getting at least a low A grade. Cambridge is supposedly very prestigious- are these GCSEs good enough (as I'm hoping to either go into medicine/health, particularly psychology, or journalism)?

English Literature A*
English Langauge A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A
Physics A
Geography A
History A*
Art A*
Maths A
Psychology A*
Classics/Latin A*
French A

Thanks in advance!
emilyisapanda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HunterJumper27)
By good enough, I mean for Cambridge and for my school. My school's ranked in the top 10 grammar schools and all students get 100% of A*-C at GCSE with the majority getting at least a low A grade. Cambridge is supposedly very prestigious- are these GCSEs good enough (as I'm hoping to either go into medicine/health, particularly psychology, or journalism)?

English Literature A*
English Langauge A*
Biology A*
Chemistry A
Physics A
Geography A
History A*
Art A*
Maths A
Psychology A*
Classics/Latin A*
French A

Thanks in advance!
I think they'd be fine but you can double check on the UCAS website here: http://search.ucas.com/search/result...roviderids=502

Hope this helps!
HunterJumper27
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by emilyisapanda)
I think they'd be fine but you can double check on the UCAS website here: http://search.ucas.com/search/result...roviderids=502

Hope this helps!
Okay, thank you!
Joshua-P
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
These are excellent! They definitely wouldn't prohibit you from attending Cambridge. Your A Levels matter most though, but congratulations!
EmilyPlatypus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They are perfectly fine! The Cambridge website says that they do not have a set amount of A*s you need and they themselves say that GCSEs aren't really a true reflection of how hard you can work and A level grades are primarily most important. My GCSE grades are lower than yours (in the fact that I only have 1 A* and the rest As) and I'm still going to apply for Cambridge Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1440953182.307101.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  123.1 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
jdizzle12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're fine but a typical successful Cambridge medicine applicant will likely have all A*s bar maybe one (due to the unbelievably competitive nature of medicine, let alone Cambridge medicine). However, GCSEs are no where near as important as A-Levels so don't really worry about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads