The Student Room Group

will i get funding after dropping out of prev study??

I have previously studied 2 yrs full time at uni. I dropped out about 2yrs ago due to health issues.
Im now working full time and have seen a part time open university course i want to do.
Will the 2yrs of loans ive already received mean no funding or just a reduced amount?
I know what it would be if i was going to do another full time course but cant seem to find much info in going full to part time :frown:
Reply 1
You will have two years of student finance left to use.
Reply 2
The base calculation is:

Number of years of your new course (minus) Number of previous years of uni education (plus) One year = Remaining years of entitlement

If you start a three year full-time course, that gives you 3-2+1=2 years of funding, which you'll get in the second and third years. You'd have to fund your first year yourself.

However if you have proof (e.g. a letter from your GP) that your health issues caused you to drop out of your first attempt, you could claim Extenuating Circumsances and reclaim a year of your funding entitlement. That would give you enough year to do another degree course from scratch, with a Student Finance entitlement for all years. You just have to make sure that you don't need to resit a year, as that would be self-funded.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending