Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dont you hate those things. I was just sitting watching tv and then a quite big spider comes crawling out of the bottom of my sofa and between my legs. I s**t it! I then got a glass and put it over the spider and now its just like chilling out doing nothing in the glass but he was walking around the glass before thinking 'where am i'. My parents are asleep so i dont know what to do. I usually can handle those tiny harmless spiders and just pick it up with a tissue and throw it out but this one could be picked with a tissue but still would be scary doing it all with a tissue as its quite big.

Ah i feel like a puzzy coz like a MAN should not be scared of spiders comon? ,and here i am sh****ng my brick over a spider. Imagine if a girl was with me, she would be like 'what the ***' but i cant help it, they are sick. I hate them. I would of thought i would of not had cared about them as i got older but god i hate em. Who else has such a dislike for them as i do?

PS. Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of this spider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim2)
    Dont you hate those fukin things. I was just sitting watching tv and then a quite big spider comes crawling out of the bottom of my sofa and between my legs. I sh!t it! I then got a glass and put it over the spider and now its just like chilling out doing nothing in the glass but he was walking around the glass before thinking 'where the fuk am i'. My parents are asleep so i dont know what to do. I usually can handle those tiny harmless spiders and just pick it up with a tissue and throw it out but this one could be picked with a tissue but still would be scary doing it all with a tissue as its quite big.

Ah i feel like a puzzy coz like a MAN should not be scared of spiders comon? ,and here i am sh!ting my brick over a spider. Imagine if a girl was with me, she would be like 'what the fuk' but i cant help it, they are fukin sick. I hate them. I would of thought i would of not had cared about them as i got older but god i hate em. Who else has such a dislike for them as i do?

I hate them :mad: Use vaccum
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    did you know that every house spider you put outside will find its way back in again within 10 minutes

You also consume 8 spiders a year when they fall into your mouth when your asleep (so thats where morning breath comes from....)

Put a card under the galss and then throw it outside, failing that get your dog to eat it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    They lurk in the bag after you suck them up!
    then you burn the bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim2)
    Dont you hate those fukin things. I was just sitting watching tv and then a quite big spider comes crawling out of the bottom of my sofa and between my legs. I sh!t it! I then got a glass and put it over the spider and now its just like chilling out doing nothing in the glass but he was walking around the glass before thinking 'where the fuk am i'. My parents are asleep so i dont know what to do. I usually can handle those tiny harmless spiders and just pick it up with a tissue and throw it out but this one could be picked with a tissue but still would be scary doing it all with a tissue as its quite big.

Ah i feel like a puzzy coz like a MAN should not be scared of spiders comon? ,and here i am sh!ting my brick over a spider. Imagine if a girl was with me, she would be like 'what the fuk' but i cant help it, they are fukin sick. I hate them. I would of thought i would of not had cared about them as i got older but god i hate em. Who else has such a dislike for them as i do?

yeh i hate them, dont kill it caus its family will come back to haunt you! my advice is if youve got a beer coaster, make the little bugger go on the side of the glass then slip the coaster under the glass, finally proceed in dashing it out of a window,try to make it like your doing it all nicely and friendlyishly caus the man upstairs is watching^OO

ReputationRep:
    The only way to combat the buggers is to kill them, dont bother using spray either, becuase the mothers can still bite you!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    anyway, everyone has a phobia....I am absolutly terrifed of ballons. That should make you feel better

ReputationRep:
    Luckily no native British spiders have powerful enough jaws to pierce human skin.
    Is that true?!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    hairspray would kill it....nail varnish remover?

ReputationRep:
    sublime! that is seriously great to hear! coz me and my brother have found this same size spider 3 times now. this is the 3rd time tonite and we were like 'what the fuk is this like that movie aranchnophobia'. the other two times my dad got rid of it in the garden so i guess it came back? are they that clever though? anyway im gona make sure my dad puts it as far from out from our house as he can. god this spider is seriously big
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Is that true?!

yes but we get MIDGIES!!!

ReputationRep:
    after reading this post i just had a nasty feeling, i'm imagin a trantula has escaped from someones house and it has made its way up my sink, if i saw a trantula omg i would crap myself there and then!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tim2)
    sublime! that is seriously great to hear! coz me and my brother have found this same size spider 3 times now. this is the 3rd time tonite and we were like 'what the fuk is this like that movie aranchnophobia'. the other two times my dad got rid of it in the garden so i guess it came back? are they that clever though? anyway im gona make sure my dad puts it as far from out from our house as he can. god this spider is seriously big

yep its true, throw it into your neighbors garden. they sense heat from houses.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yeah.

An aerosol air freshener will do in most creepy crawlies, it kind of sticks to them then they die. But the absolute best insecticide subsititute is WD40, nothing can withstand a blast of that! (leaves oily residue though)

the urge to find a creepy crawlie is great......

ReputationRep:
    Up your sink? It'd drown in the water :confused:
    ok up the pipes or whatever

ReputationRep:
    what? are you lot serious about its family watching me or something lol. thats freaked out! im thinking of killing it with a spray now but with all this family talk, i dont know. it wouldnt be able to bite me anyway if i spray it, hows that possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    after reading this post i just had a nasty feeling, i'm imagin a trantula has escaped from someones house and it has made its way up my sink, if i saw a trantula omg i would crap myself there and then!
    i wanted a spider instead of my guinea pig bt ma mom said no

ReputationRep:
    I have a spider story, youll all probably be like... right.... but im telling you anyway...

We had this exchange student called Neha from India, now this was about two years ago nd she was so out of it.. culture change etc, took us all to the principal for taking the piss out of ourselves coz she thought we were being seriously nasty to eachother... anyway she had been bitten by a mozzie on the same day one of my friend got bitten by a spider and had to go home, now weve all gone into Steve Irwin mode and told her that "it looked like a mangrove Spider bite" and she ot full worried and thought she felt sick.. and we were just mucking around. One time I dislocated my knee and was away for a week and my friends told her I had been attacked by a Dropbear and had a glass eye, but not to point it out when I came back becuase I was sensitive... God we loved Neha... . No but seriously she was a real champ. Anyway, really nothing to do with it...

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    (Original post by tim2)
    what? are you lot serious about its family watching me or something lol. thats freaked out! im thinking of killing it with a spray now but with all this family talk, i dont know. it wouldnt be able to bite me anyway if i spray it, hows that possible?
    yes its family is watchin! if you kill it expect to see another 5 or so in the next week, but this time there out to get u
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by chats)
    ok up the pipes or whatever

solution: constantly run all the water in your house. ooo trantulas can swim though.

british spiders can't bite. nuke the mother

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.