The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Everdawn
Black Widow= Red Backs, and yes...If the hotel is not fumigated or if a redback got in by accident yea. You have to be careful everywhere that could have spiders because one might bite you, when I was a little girl one of my friends died form a red back bite. Its true to live here you have to be careful all the time, but i guess you get so used ot it you dont notice.

sorry to hear about your friend, have you ever seen a red back? or any other dangerous creature?
Reply 41
Everdawn
yep, thats why you dont leave your shoes outside...

But they can find ways in :eek: Sorry to hear about your friend,that must have been horrible
Reply 42
tim2
PS. Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of this spider?

Leave it. They kill flies, which might actually be carrying infections which could harm you. They are helpful to have in the house.
Reply 43
rahaydenuk
Leave it. They kill flies, which might actually be carrying infections which could harm you. They are helpful to have in the house.

ughhh i wouldnt be able to
Reply 44
chats
sorry to hear about your friend, have you ever seen a red back? or any other dangerous creature?

Um lets see, I lived in the desert so Ive had regular contact with redbacks wolf spiders huntsmen etc.. scorpions, Dingoes, snakes (regularly), Ive seen sharks, my brother was almost eaten by a croc... really, its a regular occurance, especially in the Northern Territory.
Reply 45
Everdawn
Um lets see, I lived in the desert so Ive had regular contact with redbacks wolf spiders huntsmen etc.. scorpions, Dingoes, snakes (regularly), Ive seen sharks, my brother was almost eaten by a croc... really, its a regular occurance, especially in the Northern Territory.

I dont think i will be visiting Australia anytime soon :tongue:
Reply 46
PadFoot90
I dont think i will be visiting Australia anytime soon :tongue:

oh dont get me wrong, its fantastic, you just have to use common sense, unlike some tourists, when there is a sign that says, "No swimming, Crocadile territory" it generally means it. :rolleyes:
Reply 47
Everdawn

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
i would never be able to live with them walking around! they make it seem like australia has nice kangeroos and koala bears! what kind of snakes have you seen? just ordinary grass snakes or rattlers? have you ever seen a fox? caus we have thousands of those scavingas running round here, in fact i hear one now! (sounds like a baby screaming)
Reply 48
chats
i would never be able to live with them walking around! they make it seem like australia has nice kangeroos and koala bears! what kind of snakes have you seen? just ordinary grass snakes or rattlers? have you ever seen a fox? caus we have thousands of those scavingas running round here, in fact i hear one now! (sounds like a baby screaming)

How can you tell its a fox then?
Reply 49
chats

My cat used to bring King Browns home as a present for my mother, Taipans, Red Belly Blacks, carpet snakes, green tree snakes, Death Adders, Eastern Browns, Tiger snakes, copper heads, I could go on, but it seems I wouldnt be a good tourism minister... :wink:
Reply 50
There are kangaroos and koala's everywhere though... it just depends on what habitat you are in at the time. There are usually tonnes of kangaroos on the golfing greens here. Its adorable.
Reply 51
PadFoot90
How can you tell its a fox then?

LOL. i hear the same noise every night around this time, once i thought it was a baby crying or something so i was gonna call the pigs, but i had a look and it was in fact a pack of foxes. the sound is so familiar to me as there are untold foxes round my area. there is actually a gang of foxes that terrorise the streets they walk around tear apart everyones garbage!
Reply 52
i have some family in australia, i'm getting a bit worried now!
Reply 53
chats
LOL. i hear the same noise every night around this time, once i thought it was a baby crying or something so i was gonna call the pigs, but i had a look and it was in fact a pack of foxes. the sound is so familiar to me as there are untold foxes round my area. there is actually a gang of foxes that terrorise the streets they walk around tear apart everyones garbage!

Oh lol.

Everdawn: Have you seen many koala's?
Reply 54
PadFoot90
Oh lol.

Everdawn: Have you seen many koala's?

Yup.
Reply 55
PadFoot90
Take some books, and build a square around it. Quickly lift the glass, and drop a dictionary on it

when you say drop a dictionary do you mean kill it by doing that coz it seems too fat for it get killed like that
Reply 56
tim2
when you say drop a dictionary do you mean kill it by doing that coz it seems too fat for it get killed like that

drop it many, many times
Reply 57
seems a good idea. is there any chance of it losing its breath and dying like someone else said?
Reply 58
tim2
seems a good idea. is there any chance of it losing its breath and dying like someone else said?

If you squash it, it doesnt matter :smile: Or, if the get it pinned under there, jump up and down on the dictionary.
Reply 59
well i just got rid of it now! i basically put 4 open cardboard boxes around the glass the spider was in and then i lifted the glass and bang! the spider went into one of the boxes. got the box closed it and then lol at 4.30am im walking half way down the street with a box in my hand and just dropped it down for him to invade another house. i deserve a round of applause for the great idea, no harm done to the spider at all :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending