The Student Room Group

Can i do my As exam private?HELP

hello my name is vinesh and i am from Dubai i really need help in this situation i did my igcse this year due an accident i couldn't give my best so i got bad grades.But i don't want to repeat my igcse so can i do my as level as a private candidate in British counsel? i really need help thanks and unfortunately my school doesn't accept me because they want a higher grade like A or B.i got 3C 1B 2D and 1 E. i am in a desperate situations please help i really don't know what to do.Thank you
Original post by vineshtharuka
hello my name is vinesh and i am from Dubai i really need help in this situation i did my igcse this year due an accident i couldn't give my best so i got bad grades.But i don't want to repeat my igcse so can i do my as level as a private candidate in British counsel? i really need help thanks and unfortunately my school doesn't accept me because they want a higher grade like A or B.i got 3C 1B 2D and 1 E. i am in a desperate situations please help i really don't know what to do.Thank you

http://www.britishcouncil.ae/en/exam/igcse-school

Yes you can but with such low IGCSE
1. you are going to find the self study of A level very difficult
2. even with good A level results you may find your options limited for university etc

You may want to think about improving some of your IGCSE results first
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by vineshtharuka

I think you should re do your some of your GCSEs like the other person said as it will improve your chances in getting into further education or getting a job. At least try and get 5A* to C grades seeing as you're really reluclant to redo them, so I think you should try and change that E grade to a C or above. You can also retake your GCSEs as a private candidate as well.

What did you get in English and Maths?

It is possible to take your AS levels as a private candidate, its what I did and I self taught myself. The difficulty of it depends on your willingness to teach yourself, your subject choices and your intelligence. You could also get a tutor to help.
Thanks guy helped me alot. I did check some universities they said the only want my a level results.And i have to study hard plus i am diffidently going for tuition's thanks guys once again.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest