The Student Room Group

Is it unreasonable to think people should control their dogs

I didn't notice it too much but now I have a baby something has become quite an issue. Whenever I'm out people with dogs let their dog come right upto the pram or my son and sniff us, usuallyl hanging a found for a few seconds checking us out. Sometimes my son goes to stroke the dog and I have to pull him back. It's very annoying when it happens all the time.
Did it become socially acceptable for people to let their dogs get this close? It doesn't happen much where my parents live which is an affluent area.

I do not like dogs at all and so I do not have one and never will. I don't begrudge people having them if they want but I don't get why people can't just keep them out of mine and my sons way.

Any one else had a similar problem? My son does play with dogs that I know and isn't scared of them. But these are friends dogs. I don't let him play with dogs he doesn't know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, this is completely unreasonable. Get in the bin.
Reply 2
Dog owners frequently do my head in. Dogs on leads are fine. Dogs without leads are a nuisance when out and about. I am sick of dogs running up to me deafeningly yapping in my face and jumping all around me. Owners don't care at all that their ratty pets might be annoying other bystanders and scaring children and those afraid of dogs. In my opinion it should be illegal to walk a dog without a lead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by BoomCha!
Dog owners frequently do my head in and I don't like dogs at the best of times. Dogs on leads are fine. Dogs without leads are a nuisance when out and about. I am sick of dogs running up to me deafeningly yapping in my face and jumping all around me. Owners don't care at all that their ratty pets might be annoying other bystanders and scaring children and those afraid of dogs. In my opinion it should be illegal to walk a dog without a lead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I know that I'd hate it as well. Dogs are so unpredictable and all dogs should be kept on a lead, and when around children, should be kept at a distance to prevent anything from going wrong. Even dogs raised around children can bite out of no where or show aggression.

Personally I've been attacked by a dog, and on one occasion dragged to the floor by one, so I'm a lot more wary of dogs than I used to be.
Reply 5
Totally agree. Whenever i'm playing a cricket match, it always gets interrupted by some dog running on the pitch and chasing the ball. Wish the idiot dog owners would realise it's clearly bothering us and put their dogs on leads.
Reply 6
Nice to see people agree with me. I too think dogs should have to be on a lead and parks made for them to run around where children aren't.

In my opinion the safety and enjoyment of human beings is more important.

I just don't get how people think its on any way okay to let your dog jump up
On people. It's not!

Quick Reply

Latest