Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OWWWW...my eyes!!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just stared straight at the sun to try and see that venus thing....cant see properly now!!!

Anyone ele been able to see it???

ReputationRep:
    I saw it on the Liverpool JMU site: http://www.livjm.ac.uk/events/10330.asp. There were some pictures on BBC1 earlier as well (and there's another thing at 9:50 on BBC1).

ReputationRep:
    dont you think its all a bit stupid...it seems as though there is a 'once in a lifetime' space thing every weeek!!

ReputationRep:
    Nah not really, cos it's the only time you'll see it. The next one will be in 2012, though won't be visible from Britian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Nah not really, cos it's the only time you'll see it. The next one will be in 2012, though won't be visible from Britian.
    but next week we'll be able to see planet big star do a kick flip and wont be able to see it till 2087

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Just stared straight at the sun to try and see that venus thing....cant see properly now!!!

am i abnormal? i can stare at lightbulbs, the sun (not for as long tho) without it bothering me.

random commment....

oh by the way, i went into work as a guest yday (american adventure) and cut all my shin and knee open ont he logflume. not to mention nearly breakin my back! now i c y people mopan at me when i work in log flume photo shop!

ReputationRep:
    by looking at the sun today it can actually blind you, but im sure you already know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    by looking at the sun today it can actually blind you, but im sure you already know that?
    yep...im not blinded...just a little sore :cool:

ReputationRep:
    yeah, how long did you look at it? i remember i looked at the eclipse was it? a few years ago and for a few years after that i kept having bad migranes.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, how long did you look at it? i remember i looked at the eclipse was it? a few years ago and for a few years after that i kept having bad migranes.

only a few seconds...didnt take me long to figure out that it was probbaly a bad idea

ReputationRep:
    yep...im not blinded...just a little sore :cool:
    They say on every one of those news reports with it on not to look at the Sun. So I don't blame your eyes for hurting.

You're supposed to use a pinhole in a piece of card to get the image of the Sun on a piece of paper I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    They say on every one of those news reports with it on not to look at the Sun. So I don't blame your eyes for hurting.

You're supposed to use a pinhole in a piece of card to get the image of the Sun on a piece of paper I think.

i know i know but it was just so tempting to have a little peak

ReputationRep:
    hmm well i cant look at the sun in cyprus right now.. there is no sun!
    its dark n stuff? is that whts meant to happen?
    of all days today is the one day the sun hasnt come out or i jus havent seen it!!

ReputationRep:

Did you get told, that you would get blind from doing that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Did you get told, that you would get blind from doing that?

i heard that it was dangerous....i must just be a real risk taker and i cant be bothered with that messing around with a bit of card

ReputationRep:
    i heard that it was dangerous....i must just be a real risk taker and i cant be bothered with that messing around with a bit of card
    lol, imagine getting a pair of binoculars out and pointing them at the sun.

ReputationRep:
    is that a good or a bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    is that a good or a bad idea?
    bad if you decide to look through it.

ReputationRep:
    conseuently you;d live in the dark forever. mwahahahaha!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 8, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.