Applying for DFID entry scheme for advisors (DESA) 2015

Watch
TBAILL200
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I see there have been discussions in previous years around the DESA scheme but none this year so far. I am applying for the social development cadre, studying a masters in social work (finish March 2016). I have no developmental experience but extensive extensive experience in social care and social work throughout my placements.

I managed to fill in the general competencies pretty easily but really struggling with the technical and shared technical competencies. Any top tips or comments that might help?
Sunnies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am also applying and would love to hear from current/previous DESAs........
TBAILL200
Rep:
?
Which cadre are you applying for and have you noted the deadline has been moved till the 14th of September?
Sunnies
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TBAILL200)
Which cadre are you applying for and have you noted the deadline has been moved till the 14th of September?
Hi. Yes I saw the deadline was extended - thanks. I'm applying for the Governance and the Social Development Cadres I think. I have a development background but still find the technical competencies part tricky.
TBAILL200
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sunnies)
Hi. Yes I saw the deadline was extended - thanks. I'm applying for the Governance and the Social Development Cadres I think. I have a development background but still find the technical competencies part tricky.
I am also applying for the Social Development Cadre, my experience would probably allow me to apply for the Evaluation Cadre as well but my interests are best suited to the social development I think. I have completed the social development technical competencies but really struggling with the shared technical competencies (International development, Policy, Evidence,Monitoring and Evaluation and Statistics, Programme and project delivery and Economic) and since there is such a low word count I am struggling. Did you provide evidence (or 1 example) for each point?

Thanks for any help - new to all of this!
il_pirata
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has anyone heard anything back yet, from any of the Cardres?
TBAILL200
Rep:
?
(Original post by il_pirata)
Has anyone heard anything back yet, from any of the Cardres?
Hi, I haven't heard anything back yet. I applied for the social development cadre. I'm not sure of the timescale but looking at previous threads there appears to be a bit of a wait...
paddy25
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey all, just wanted to re-open this thread to see if anyone was successful? I received an "unsuccesful" send-to-all effort saying that no feedback was available. It also had a grammatical mistake in it, which annoyed me Anyone more lucky?!
TBAILL200
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I applied and was also unsucessful with no feedback provided. My friend in the MOD informed me that they tend to want PhDs and years of overseas experience, which doesnt make sense for a programme that a high level boasts experience and training...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (580)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (697)
41.17%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (339)
20.02%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.55%

Watched Threads