The Student Room Group

How do I block someone?

^^
Your username -> My followers -> My ignore list. Add whoever you like
Quote them and say "I hereby officially block you" and then they will be blocked.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
Your username -> My followers -> My ignore list. Add whoever you like

Thanks
Out of interest, if I put someone in the ignore list and could not see his posts, can he see my posts?
Reply 5
Original post by Fatima.20000.
Out of interest, if I put someone in the ignore list and could not see his posts, can he see my posts?

Yes. They can still see your posts.
Is there any way to block him please and to prevent him from seeing my posts?
Reply 7
Original post by Fatima.20000.
Is there any way to block him please and to prevent him from seeing my posts?

There is not. Ultimately this is a public forum and you can view posts without even having an account. So if you could block someone from viewing your posts.. they could just log out and view them. The best advice would to be use an account with a username which doesn't have personal details such as name, date of birth, major interests ect. This in the first place will limit the number of people able to find you. As well as not posting in too much detail, where necessary switching to the anon function (In life and style sections).

If you have an issue with a user who is perhaps making you feel uncomfortable with acts such quoting every post; then you can make a thread in THIS SECTION and let the community staff know. They will investigate and action as necessary.
so what actually happens when you block someone?
Original post by 8472
Yes. They can still see your posts.
Reply 9
Original post by ririroo
so what actually happens when you block someone?

Their posts on the forum are folded by default so their avatar ect don't show up:

Also. If they send you a PM you don't get a notification and it doesn't show up in your inbox :smile:

They can however still see your posts and reply to you.
Ah ok thank you!
Original post by 8472
Their posts on the forum are folded by default so their avatar ect don't show up:

Also. If they send you a PM you don't get a notification and it doesn't show up in your inbox :smile:

They can however still see your posts and reply to you.

Quick Reply

Latest