The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Maths Entry Requirements (2016)

Hi, on the website for QUB it has an entry requirement that A-level Physics must be taken for BSc and MSci maths. I don't have A-level Physics but I still really want to go to QUB, so is there any way that I would be able to get in without this requirement (for example, I do A-level further maths and got A in both AS maths and AS further maths).

I tried asking them using the admissions email but I got an automated response regarding GCSE, AS grades etc. Whilst I do have them, the GCSE grades (which aren't amazing in themselves) are stuck in a filing cabinet somewhere and it would take too long to get them out.
Reply 1
Original post by Craig1998
Hi, on the website for QUB it has an entry requirement that A-level Physics must be taken for BSc and MSci maths. I don't have A-level Physics but I still really want to go to QUB, so is there any way that I would be able to get in without this requirement (for example, I do A-level further maths and got A in both AS maths and AS further maths).

I tried asking them using the admissions email but I got an automated response regarding GCSE, AS grades etc. Whilst I do have them, the GCSE grades (which aren't amazing in themselves) are stuck in a filing cabinet somewhere and it would take too long to get them out.

You could take AS Physics this year this would make for a very considerable application because of the double maths. Do you mind if i ask what grades your sitting on?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by CPW2016
You could take AS Physics this year this would make for a very considerable application because of the double maths. Do you mind if i ask what grades your sitting on?

I got AABC at AS and dropped the C. Not great GCSE's (mostly B's and C's, one A in maths which was 1 mark from an A*). I worked my socks off for my AS's and plan to for my A2's, I got a 95% in maths and an 89% in further maths.

Also, I don't plan on doing physics. I hate the subject with a passion (hated M1 at AS but managed to get 83% through hard work).
(edited 8 years ago)
It says degrees with a asterisk*.

Mathematics does not have an asterisk.

Mathematics with Physics * does.
Reply 4
Original post by SurreyJake
It says degrees with a asterisk*.

Mathematics does not have an asterisk.

Mathematics with Physics * does.

Oh, I see what you mean. I was looking at the actual entry requirements page for Maths and it came up with that note next to the course. Definitely applying for QUB now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending