The Student Room Group

Slovakia only willing to take Christian migrants not MUSLIMS! - Disgraceful.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
You're prejudice against muslims? what countries are exactly the third world?

Yes, in the sense that they are bottom of the pile of people i want in the country.
This has already been posted and discussed.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thread on this already.
Original post by Rakas21
I'd rather Slovakia accepted none of these but its a good move. I'd rather have more Christians than Muslims.

I agree that we should encourage migration here.. I just see no reason why it should be from the third world.

Some of these people are fleeing ISIS, who are in a league of ruthlessness shared with the Nazis, the Khmer Rouge and Genghis Khan in its lust for carnage. Others are fleeing other brutal groups such as Jabhat al-Nusra (al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria), and various Islamist militias in Libya. Remember these people are fleeing for their lives. Perhaps we could join in international efforts to negotiate a peace treaty between the warring factions in Libya, so that less people feel the urge to migrate.

Here's an interesting article from the Economist entitled 'Let them in, and let them earn':
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21662547-bigger-welcome-mat-would-be-europes-own-interest-let-them-and-let-them-earn
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by flibber
Some of these people are fleeing ISIS, who are in a league of ruthlessness shared with the Nazis, the Khmer Rouge and Genghis Khan in its lust for carnage. Others are fleeing other brutal groups such as Jabhat al-Nusra (al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria), and various Islamist militias in Libya. Remember these people are fleeing for their lives. Perhaps we could join in international efforts to negotiate a peace treaty between the warring factions in Libya, so that less people feel the urge to migrate.

Here's an interesting article from the Economist entitled 'Let them in, and let them earn':
http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21662547-bigger-welcome-mat-would-be-europes-own-interest-let-them-and-let-them-earn

Sure but we are not the worlds hostel for every crisis that occurs, let them apply for asylum in India and China. They have a right not to live in extreme poverty or under threat, they don't have the right to pick the best hotel though.. they can go to the 100+ safe countries which although not rich are stable and safe.

They will not sign a peace deal and if they did it would be unenforceable. Why would the rebels ever trust Assad again (any deal leaves him in power) and why would the Kurds ever give back the north east of Syria.

I'm skeptical that Africans and Muslims are likely to be anything but a drain even if they do work.
Original post by Rakas21
I'd rather Slovakia accepted none of these but its a good move. I'd rather have more Christians than Muslims.

I agree that we should encourage migration here.. I just see no reason why it should be from the third world.

Agree completely. Accepting any migrants is disgusting in itself, but I'd much rather have Christian migrants than Muslims, as most people would.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
Sure but we are not the worlds hostel for every crisis that occurs, let them apply for asylum in India and China. They have a right not to live in extreme poverty or under threat, they don't have the right to pick the best hotel though.. they can go to the 100+ safe countries which although not rich are stable and safe.

They will not sign a peace deal and if they did it would be unenforceable. Why would the rebels ever trust Assad again (any deal leaves him in power) and why would the Kurds ever give back the north east of Syria.

I'm skeptical that Africans and Muslims are likely to be anything but a drain even if they do work.

I was referring to Libya, not Syria. Peace between the two rival governments in Libya is more likely than Syria, where hegemony will only be attained by a vanquisher.

Would you advocate for French-style restrictions/bans on the headscarf to keep everything secular?
it's clear to see that western countries are on a SERIOUS decline the usual racism and hatred is back.

Enjoy poverty.

What "race" is Islam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BoomCha!
What "race" is Islam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if the OP is being that serious on the issue, given that Islam is an ideology, not a race. I wouldn't be called 'racist' for being against communism, for instance.
Original post by flibber
I was referring to Libya, not Syria. Peace between the two rival governments in Libya is more likely than Syria, where hegemony will only be attained by a vanquisher.

Would you advocate for French-style restrictions/bans on the headscarf to keep everything secular?

Ah. Well even during Gadaffi he apparently had little control over the southern part of the country (various tribes and warlords) so i'm not overly surprised that there's so much fighting however i agree that if you get a deal which allowed the army to unify under a single government then control in the cities and oil production areas is plausible at the very least.

In principle it's an abhorrent idea that goes against liberty.. in practice though i do have some sympathy towards discouraging Islam (no more Mosques built or expanded, closing of Muslim faith schools ect..). Right now i'm undecided though.
Original post by Rakas21
Yes, in the sense that they are bottom of the pile of people i want in the country.

That's disgusting. Glad you can't pick and choose. People like you are the last people i'd want here.
Original post by Rakas21

In principle it's an abhorrent idea that goes against liberty.. in practice though i do have some sympathy towards discouraging Islam (no more Mosques built or expanded, closing of Muslim faith schools ect..). Right now i'm undecided though.

That is partly why letting in large numbers of Muslims is not a good thing. Soon they will demand for Mosques to be built in built up areas, causing disruption to residents because of the deafening call to prayer 5 times a day, as well as increased traffic and likely conflict arising between residents and Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is partly why letting in large numbers of Muslims is not a good thing. Soon they will demand for Mosques to be built in built up areas, causing disruption to residents because of the deafening call to prayer 5 times a day, as well as increased traffic and likely conflict arising between residents and Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

James we need more mosques in the UK on the basis of the growing muslim population.

I welcome all migrants to our borders, the more the better.
James we need more mosques in the UK on the basis of the growing muslim population.

I welcome all migrants to our borders, the more the better.

NO!

There are far too many migrants who have done nothing good for this country. Many have never worked a day in their lives and leech off of our ridiculous Benefits system. People should only be allowed in if they are guaranteed a job and can fend for themselves.

People often complain that Polish people and Eastern Europeans are the worst, though if you look at statistics most of them are employed in this country, Indians also. It is Muslim immigrants who are largely unemployed.

Building more Mosques only encourages more Muslim migrants, whereas we need to make the UK look as hostile as possible towards migrants, mostly to prevent overcrowding. This can be done by scrapping the Benefits system and anything similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
NO!

There are far too many migrants who have done nothing good for this country. Many have never worked a day in their lives and leech off of our ridiculous Benefits system. People should only be allowed in if they are guaranteed a job and can fend for themselves.

People often complain that Polish people and Eastern Europeans are the worst, though if you look at statistics most of them are employed in this country, Indians also. It is Muslim immigrants who are largely unemployed.

Building more Mosques only encourages more Muslim migrants, whereas we need to make the UK look as hostile as possible towards migrants, mostly to prevent overcrowding. This can be done by scrapping the Benefits system and anything similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

James it is difficult to pick and choose. We need to stop discriminating against muslims.

Let all the migrants in ASAP!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not overly bothered about them making noise, it's more that they segregate themselves and follow a religion that's not compatible with my values.
Slovakia only willing to take Christian migrants not MUSLIM! - Disgraceful.

"Slovakia’s interior ministry said it would be willing to take in 200 refugees, but would strongly prefer non-Muslims. “We want to choose people who really want to start a new life in Slovakia. "

I think Europe is alarmed by migrants so much since they discriminate against muslims.

Closing our borders will only harm us and make us fall further behind in the world.

The slovakians are doing the right thing, all should follow accordingly.
Original post by The Donut Maker
The slovakians are doing the right thing, all should follow accordingly.

yeah rite. Hence why Slovakia is booming LOL

Countries that integrate others - India, USA, Singapore etc etc all great stuff
yeah rite. Hence why Slovakia is booming LOL

Countries that integrate others - India, USA, Singapore etc etc all great stuff

Slovakia will integrate other people, just more civilised and law abiding people :smile:
Original post by Rakas21

My arab muslim friend wants to be a doctor for the British army. So do you not want him here?

Quick Reply

Latest